Campus is on a mission to maximize access to a world-class education.
At Campus, students come first, and we mean it. We power online two-year degree programs featuring live, online classes led by faculty from top-ranking schools in the country (think Princeton, NYU, UCLA, Spelman, and more) – all at community college costs.
We’re backed by an investor team including Sam Altman, Jason Citron, Founders Fund, Bloomberg Ventures, Precursor Ventures, Reach Capital, Rethink Education, Betaworks and others who support our vision for the future of education in America.
We are looking for experienced Admissions Counselors to join the Campus team. You will have the unique opportunity to join a dynamic team and help shape the future of the Admissions group and how we engage and serve our prospective students. Overall, you will work directly with potential students to drive new enrollments.
At Campus, the Admissions team serves as the first point of contact for prospective students (and their influencers) as they explore their college and community college options. The team helps prospective students understand how Campus can meet their academic needs and supports them closely throughout the evaluation and enrollment process.
You will partner closely with Marketing, Student Support and other internal teams to ensure a seamless transition for students through setting processes, procedures, customer service standards, and ensuring their delivery to all prospective students and their influencers.
This role reports to the Director of Admissions.
What you’ll do:
- Share the Campus value prop with prospective students
- Respond to inbound students inquiries via phone, email, SMS and live chat.
- Make outbound calls and send SMS message to potential students who have requested information about Campus programs
- Nurture potential students and applicants helping them understand our programs
- Help admitted students work through the enrollment process
- Represent Campus at online events and local college fairs on occasion
- A college degree is preferred but not required
- Minimum 2 years related experience in higher education admissions and recruiting.
- Sense of urgency in meeting goals. Consistency in delivering results.
- Natural salesperson. A naturally gifted salesperson who is persuasive but not "salesy". This is balanced by integrity and a focus on serving the student
- Ability to work extended hours on a regular basis; we are a startup with a critical mission.
- Proficient in working within a CRM, (Salesforce is desirable); advanced proficiency in GSuite
- We’re also open to meeting with candidates who might not meet the specific background requirements listed but do believe they possess the interpersonal qualities we’re looking for
Location: New York | Onsite Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday in Tribeca
What you’ll get:
- Opportunity for impact– as an early team member, you’ll be an integral player in bringing our vision to life
- The chance to change students' lives by setting goals and achieving them
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Salary: $55,000 - $60,000
- Equity: < .005%
Campus celebrates and embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.