Student Support Coach
Campus is on a mission to maximize access to a world-class education.
At Campus, students come first, and we mean it. We power online two-year degree programs featuring live, online classes led by faculty from top-ranking schools in the country (think Princeton, NYU, UCLA, Berkeley, and more) – all at community college costs.
We’re backed by an investor team that believes deeply in our vision for the future of education -- our investors include Sam Altman, Founders Fund, Bloomberg Beta, Precursor Ventures, Reach Capital, Rethink Education, Betaworks and others. We're also supported by a group of amazing angels including Jason Citron (CEO of Discord) and Rob Hayes.
We’re looking for a talented Student Support Coach who is passionate about changing the future of higher education to serve as one of the founding members of our Student Support team and scale with the team as we grow. You’ll be joining us early on our journey to make a real impact on students' lives through their tertiary education.
At Campus, Student Support Coaches work very closely with a cohort of students from the moment they become registered Campus Scholars through to graduation. The Coach serves as the student’s primary point of contact and as a critical conduit to resources. This role is responsible for early intervention, academic planning, and providing college transfer and career guidance to students. Coaches develop deep knowledge of their students and their motivations / goals through delivering one-on-one support, and hosting study-related and community activities / workshops.
In this role, you will partner closely with Admissions and other internal teams to ensure a coordinated and student-centered experience through establishing processes, procedures, and frequent communication.
Above all, the right person for this role will be highly action oriented and committed to helping students persist. The ideal candidate will have experience in coaching or related careers in post-secondary education.
- Act as a student advocate by closely monitoring student progress; anticipating problems that may hinder individual academic or personal success, and making appropriate referrals to students perceived as at-risk.
- Partner with students in identifying, refining, and accomplishing goals that are consistent with each student’s academic and professional aspirations.
- Assist students in making informed choices about their educational plans including clarifying educational goals, and partnering with students to explore career options.
- Develop and promote internal communication and resource sharing in order to benefit student success
- Participate in events promoting Campus and assist with orientation programming.
- Maintain administrative documents and confidential student records.
- Gather and develop best practices for continuous improvement to all advising services and provide recommendations to enhance student services.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal, in individual and group settings, including ability to deal tactfully with and inspire students.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred but not required
- One to three years experience in academic advising, mentoring, or counseling or related careers in post-secondary education, or a combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of the position
- Experience delivering social- emotional support and guidance to students of varying backgrounds, abilities, outlooks, ages, and nationalities including first generation college students.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic: takes initiative to identify gaps and propose projects and directions for work: A self-starter who is very curious about improving things and brings fresh ideas.
- Nimble and adaptable - excited about collaborating with a tightly knit team to problem solve
This position is onsite Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday in New York City.
Compensation range: $50,000 to $60,000
Campus celebrates and embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.