Academic Operations Associate
Campus is on a mission to maximize access to a world-class education.
At Campus, students come first, and we mean it. We power online two-year degree programs featuring live, online classes led by faculty from top-ranking schools in the country (think Princeton, NYU, UCLA, Berkeley, and more) – all at community college costs.
We’re backed by an investor team that believes deeply in our vision for the future of education -- our investors include Sam Altman, Founders Fund, Bloomberg Beta, Precursor Ventures, Reach Capital, Rethink Education, Betaworks and others. We're also supported by a group of amazing angels including Jason Citron (CEO of Discord) and Rob Hayes.
Academic Operations Associate
We're seeking an Academic Operations Associate who is deeply committed to sourcing and supporting exceptional faculty for our nationwide Campus programs. Join us during this critical growth phase, where you can make an immediate impact on our expansion efforts. In this role, you will collaborate with the VP of Academic Ops to attract outstanding instructors and teaching assistants from top-tier universities who share our mission. Your contributions will involve souring and interacting with candidates while refining our recruitment and onboarding processes for instructors and TAs.
As our Academic Operations Associate, you will work closely with the Academic Operations team and our internal faculty recruiting team as we scale our impact. You'll drive strategy and process management, take ownership of candidate outreach and data management, and act as a passionate ambassador for Campus.
What You'll Do
- Support the VP of Academic Ops in sourcing, recruiting, and onboarding instructors and TAs from leading colleges and universities to join Campus.
- Source instructors for specific content areas (business, software engineering, general education, etc.) who have extensive industry experience.
- Help us build our degree-specific advisory boards, recruiting leaders from top companies who support our mission.
- Cultivate a delightful academic sourcing, interviewing, and onboarding experience, ensuring a seamless and robust process while consistently seeking optimization throughout the recruitment and hiring journey.
- Manage and develop databases and directories, tracking prospective hires as they progress through the pipeline and ensuring their success once onboarded.
- Collect and track valuable faculty experience and feedback throughout the recruitment and onboarding process.
- Conduct weekly introductory calls with prospective faculty.
- Work closely with our Faculty Review Committee supporting them as they conduct peer-hiring interviews.
- Establish and maintain operational processes to ensure an exceptional faculty experience from initial awareness to contract signing and beyond.
- Handle administrative tasks such as scheduling meetings with faculty, communicating platform updates and features, sending and managing contracts, and promptly addressing and resolving issues raised.
- Support the VP of Academic Operations in strategic projects that drive our academic programs forward.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in operations, recruitment, relationship management, and/or talent acquisition.
- A natural people-person who thrives on engaging with candidates and representing Campus with enthusiasm.
- Ability to identify and attract top education talent while aligning with our hiring criteria.
- Meticulous attention to detail, with the ability to grasp nuances and see the bigger picture.
- Highly organized and consistently seeking opportunities to improve processes.
- Eager to work as part of a dynamic, mission-driven team dedicated to transforming higher education for the better.
Location: New York City (NYC In-office Days: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)
What You'll Get
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage.
- 401k match after one year.
- Competitive salary and equity package.
- Salary range: $50,000 - $60,000
- In-office catered lunches.
- Unlimited PTO and a flexible hybrid work schedule
Campus celebrates and embraces diversity, actively building a team that encompasses a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We firmly believe in equal opportunities and do not discriminate based on legally protected characteristics.