Search Engine Optimization Manager
Campus is on a mission to maximize access to a world-class education.
At Campus, students come first, and we mean it. We power online two-year degree programs featuring live, online classes led by faculty from top-ranking schools in the country (think Princeton, NYU, UCLA, Spelman, and more) – all at community college costs.
We’re backed by an investor team that believes deeply in our vision for the future of education -- our investors include Sam Altman, Founders Fund, 8VC, Bloomberg Beta, Precursor Ventures, Reach Capital, Rethink Education, Betaworks and others. We're also supported by a group of amazing angels including Jason Citron (CEO of Discord) and Rob Hayes.
Campus is looking for an SEO Manager to play a key role in growing the organic footprint for the Campus.edu website through effectiveSEO and organic marketing strategies and tactics. This is a great opportunity for someone with strong SEO experience and who wants to use those skills for a higher purpose. You’ll be responsible for developing and implementing SEO strategies that generate new enrollments in our degree and certificate programs.
What you’ll do
- Develop and execute SEO strategies and tactics to drive organic search performance
- Work with our internal marketing team and external resources to ensure they are delivering high-quality work that meets business goals and objectives.
- Analyze and report on website traffic, engagement, and conversion metrics to measure the success of SEO efforts.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest search engine algorithms and best practices to ensure our website is optimized for maximum visibility and performance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including content, social media, and paid search to ensure SEO is integrated into all digital marketing initiatives.
- Manage relationships with external agencies and vendors to ensure we are getting the most out of our SEO investments.
You’ll fit right in if you are/have:
- Bachelor’s degree (in a business, data, or communications related field is a plus);
- 3-5 years SEO/Organic search marketing experience
- Excellent communication, presentation, writing and research skills
- Proven track record implementing effective SEO tactics
- Successful advocacy for organic search & inbound marketing in your last organization
- Deep understanding of: Google Analytics and Search Console and SEMRush or similar platform
- Experience with Google Adwords and Search Console
- Strong attention to detail, love of process-building, and demonstrated desire to help grow a business unit.
- Ability to communicate with and manage stakeholders, at various levels of the organization, and their needs; Experience creating executive-level facing reporting
- Understanding of conversion rate optimization (CRO) and user experience techniques
- Familiarity with paid search marketing and how paid & organic search works together
Location: New York
What you’ll get
- Opportunity for impact– as an early team member, you’ll be an integral player in bringing our vision to life
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- In-office catered lunch
- Salary: $90,000 - $100,000
- Equity: .005% - .01%
Campus celebrates and embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, political affiliation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.