Sr Fullstack Software Engineer
Campus is on a mission to maximize access to a world-class education.
At Campus, students come first, and we mean it. We are a digital community college featuring live online classes taught by faculty from the best schools in the country (think Princeton, NYU, UCLA, Michigan) and we believe students shouldn’t have to go into debt to receive a great education.
We’re backed by an investor team that deeply believes in our vision for the future of education. Our investors include Sam Altman, Founders Fund, Bloomberg Beta, Precursor Ventures, Reach Capital, Rethink Education, and Betaworks, among others. We're also supported by a group of amazing angels including Jason Citron (CEO of Discord) and Rob Hayes.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Fullstack Software Engineer with React and Go experience to join our team and scale with us.
What you’ll do
In the first 6 months at Campus, you will:
- Join as an early employee and help develop a product that impacts over 300k users every day
- Create elegant solutions to challenging problems in both our backend and frontend codebases
- Ship key features regularly that will create a ton of value for the company and our users
- Work closely with Engineering and Product leadership to improve and execute processes as the company scales
- Research new libraries to speed up development, while also developing end-to-end solutions that help us scale
- Help hire and train engineering talent as the team grows
Obviously, given we’re a startup, you’ll have the chance over time to design certain aspects of your job and specialize in the parts of our codebase that you are most interested in.
You’ll fit right in on the Campus Engineering team if you are/have:
- 8+ years in building in React and Golang
- A self-starter who is very curious about improving things and brings fresh ideas that consider the speed of shipping without compromising quality for users
- Experience shipping production-quality code and leading code reviews
- Experience in scaling software as users grow
- Experience growing an engineering team by hiring and mentoring talent
- Keen on taking ownership of your features while working closely with Product and Design teams
Most importantly, we’re looking for someone who wants to work on challenging problems that matter.
New York (hybrid)
What you'll get
- Opportunity for impact– as an early team member, you’ll be an integral player in bringing our vision to life
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salary ($150-$185k based on experience and a variety of factors) and equity package
- In-office catered lunch
- Unlimited PTO and hybrid work schedule
Campus celebrates and embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, political affiliation, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.