What is Campus?
Campus is the high-quality, affordable, online alternative to traditional community college where courses are taught live by world-class professors and TAs from across the country.
Our goal is to maximize access to the best instructors in the country for high-potential students -- we want to deliver a life-changing education that doesn't require students to take on mountains of debt.
Who are we looking for?
We're hiring fully remote TAs from across the country to teach on Campus. We're looking for TAs who:
a) care deeply about our mission of maximizing access to education
b) enjoy working with first and second-year students
Think about the best TA you had as an undergrad -- we want every Campus student to have a welcoming, supportive TA of that caliber in every course.
What will you do?
Our students are pursuing their Associate of Arts in Business Administration (AABA) in our 2-year, fully accredited online degree program. Our TAs work closely with our Campus Instructors who are professors from top schools across the country (think Princeton, UT, NYU, Berkeley, etc.).
As a teaching assistant, you will work to support a group of 25-30 students online within one of our business or general education courses. You’ll act as a teacher, mentor, and coach to students as they learn new skills and develop as professionals.
- Business course topics: Communications, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, Management, Entrepreneurship, Economics, Ethics and Law
- Gen Ed course topics: English Composition, Math, Logic & Critical Thinking, American Politics, Environmental Science
Once accepted as a Teaching Assistant, you’ll be considered a member of the Campus Faculty Network, a community of committed and innovative educators who are working to transform the future of higher education.
Within the network, you’ll have the opportunity to take on additional courses/discussion sections for additional compensation ($2,000 each) and the chance to teach in future quarters on a schedule that works for you! We also offer professional development and networking opportunities to our members.
1) Attend virtual evening lecture twice per week (70 minutes/class)
2) Lead an virtual evening discussion section session once per week (60 minutes/class)
3) Host 1-hour of virtual office hours per week
4) Grading for 25-30 students per 4-credit section
- Teaching or tutoring experience in a college-level Business or General Education (Math, English, Science, Government) course or prior relevant educational experience
- Bachelor’s degree or current undergraduate student (third year or above) pursing a Bachelor's degree
- Experience as a TA or instructor in a college course
- Current graduate student or business professional
- Experience teaching or tutoring online
- Ability to TA for multiple quarters
Time commitment and Compensation
- Time commitment: 8-10 hours per week
- Length of quarter: 11 weeks
Upcoming 2023 Quarters:
- October 2nd- December 14th, 2023
- January 2024
- April 2024
- July 2024
- October 2024
Compensation: $2,000 per discussion section (up to 25 students)
Note: TAs have the opportunity to teach multiple sections for additional compensation. Most TAs support (2) discussion sections per course for a total compensation of $4,000.00 per quarter.
1) Submit your application and record a 15-minute teaching demo on a topic of your choice
3) Join us for a 30 min interview where we’ll review the role and get you set up for success!
Campus celebrates and embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, political affiliation, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.