Business Operations Manager
Cambium works at the interface of biotech and materials science to build next-generation defense products. We integrate computational chemistry, product design, and advanced manufacturing methods to solve difficult challenges like hardening UAVs against laser attack, protecting payloads during hypersonic flight, and streamlining the defense product manufacturing supply chain. Our people come from places like SpaceX, Anduril, Scaled Composites, Lockheed Martin Skunkworks, and US DoD Research Labs. We are seeking motivated and exceptional people to join our world-class team of aerospace innovators and biotech leaders.
Cambium is seeking a Business Operations Manager to join our growing team in El Segundo, CA. The successful candidate will have a strategic business mind, a strong desire to help grow a company, and will help us build a work culture of open-mindedness that embraces creativity and contrarian thinking. At Cambium we’re willing to do things differently.
The Business Operations Manager will oversee daily business activities at our El Segundo HQ and support activities at our other sites. This person will also help us build out Cambium’s HR, Finance, and IT teams. We believe this will be a rewarding role where you will have the chance to see your operations management ideas implemented within a rapidly growing startup company.
Your objectives will be to:
- Set us up for success by establishing and implementing smart business operation policies and making key hires
- Communicate policies with other managers, technical staff, and vendors to ensure that our business operations run smoothly
- Work to help keep us on time and within budget
- Lead, motivate, and support your team, including training and developing the careers of your direct reports
- Ensure that our business operations are set up to properly support a time-sensitive and technically demanding research and development environment
- Measure and manage purchasing and production. Help us achieve productivity targets, reduce overhead costs, and streamline manufacturing
- Partner with cross-functional teams and provide input that will improve our tools and processes
- Work closely with legal and safety departments to ensure that all operational activities remain compliant
- Conduct budget reviews and report cost plans to key members of management
- Think like a contrarian and constantly challenge us to improve
- US citizenship or US permanent residency
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management, business administration, a related field, or an equivalent amount of professional experience managing the business operations of a company
- Five or more years of proven success in an operations management role, including financial and account reporting
- Strong skills in budget development and oversight
- Excellent ability to delegate responsibilities while maintaining organizational control
- Experience with people management and business negotiation processes
- Decent IT skills with a working knowledge of typical software programs and an aptitude for learning new applications
BENEFITS Cambium offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan. This includes excellent medical/dental/vision benefits, and a matching 401(k) plan.
TO APPLY Please submit your resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com