Direct Sales Lead - West
At Caffeine, we are creating the home for live sports and community. As an independent social broadcasting platform, we distribute and monetize live and on-demand sports and community content to a rapidly growing audience discovering, watching, and interacting with sports creators and the fan community.
This is an exciting and enormous opportunity, and key to our success so far has been building a supportive, collaborative, and world-class team. Our teams prioritize delighting fans and viewers of content on Caffeine, building innovative experiences that distribute and monetize our content partners with their fans, taking ownership of our commitments, and acting with resilience and determination, to build the leading product and community for live broadcasting.
Caffeine is a California remote-first company, at which teams come together in-person to collaborate at least once a quarter. More frequency may be required based on business needs.
The Direct Sales Lead - West will execute Caffeine’s direct sales strategy focusing on revenue growth. You will be responsible for bringing revenue to Caffeine through direct video sales through brands and agencies directly, selling against our growing US based audience and live sports content.
Our ideal candidate will have demonstrated success & experience working closely with brands & agencies, and the ability to work cross-functionally to identify and capitalize on opportunities. We are looking for an individual that has a passion for data-backed storytelling that will identify business opportunities that grow revenue, and brings intellectual curiosity, energized by rapid iteration in a growth environment as we strive to enable as many advertisers to partner with us as possible.
What You’ll Do:
- Reporting directly into the VP Ad Revenue & Distribution, you will collaborate, strategize, develop and evolve our direct sales monetization plan.
- Lead outreach through existing relationships, including brands and agencies, as well as develop your own pipeline of prospects.
- Drive revenue for Caffeine through scalable sales efforts to agencies & brands.
- Create a healthy, full-funnel of activity, from acquisition to retention.
- Ensure that our agency partners and their clients receive the highest level of sales and operational customer service experience.
- Create actionable plans to drive product adoption and educate agencies and their clients in a scalable fashion.
- Partner cross-functionally to identify new strategic, scalable programs and outreach opportunities.
- Leverage data to analyze current initiatives to inform optimization opportunities to drive revenue growth and retention.
- Build and take ownership of pipeline hygiene, campaign pacing, production tracking, measurement outcomes and client billing.
- Represent Caffeine to partners, sharing the unique power of Caffeine for generating revenue from creating world-class live streaming moments.
Who You Are & What You’ve Done:
- Experienced deal-maker and sales leader with 5+ years as a high performing sales lead.
- Driving sales efforts to exceed revenue targets.
- Prior history in building and executing a sales strategy for a start-up and/or in a high-growth environment.
- Direct sales relationships with agencies and brands to bring in direct revenue streams.
- Comfortable with owning and leading a sales quota with proven success scaling partnership programs for streaming platforms or outstream players.
- A deep understanding of the market landscape and expertise in account planning, strategic planning, and media buying within direct environments.
- Experience working within CRMs, OMSs, ad servers and other digital media tech systems and platforms.
- Strategic and creative thinker who can align incentives and priorities in a dynamic environment that is constantly evolving.
- BS/BA degree or relevant experience.
The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon multiple job-related factors such as professional background, work experience, skills, and market demand. These considerations can cause your base pay to vary. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and benefits.
The overall market range for this role is typically $150,125 - $175,000, plus variable compensation.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Caffeine. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.