Director of Brand Marketing & Partnerships
ByHeart is an infant nutrition company built from the ground up to deliver real innovation on behalf of babies and parents. Our mission is simple: make the best formula in the world. That’s why we studied the latest breast milk science, worked directly with suppliers we know and trust, set uncompromising quality standards, developed our own small batch blending process, built our own manufacturing facilities, and conducted a groundbreaking clinical trial. Our goal is to create a future where all parents feel amazing about feeding their baby—no matter how they do it.
When we launched our Whole Nutrition Infant Formula in March 2022, we were the first new U.S infant formula manufacturer in 15 years. Since then, we’ve been leading the way in a lot of ways.
- The only U.S.-made infant formula to use organic, grass-fed whole milk
- The first and only U.S. infant formula company to add the two most abundant proteins found in breast milk—alpha-lac and lactoferrin—to our ingredients list
- The first infant formula company to receive Clean Label Project’s Purity Award (and we test for 700 contaminants vs the required 400)
- We ran the largest clinical trial by a new infant formula brand in 25 years—clinically proving our benefits vs a leading infant formula like:
- Less spit up
- Softer poops
- Easier digestion
- More efficient weight gain
- Enhanced nutrient absorption
- Longer stretches between nighttime feeds*
With >$250M in funding, we’re shifting the industry forward—and this is just the beginning. Help us build a future where all parents can feel amazing about feeding, by joining our growing team of >275 people that stretches across the country.
We're proud to offer competitive, family-first benefits, including but not limited to:
- Health insurance for the whole family: medical, dental, & vision insurance covered 100%, with 90% coverage for your family.
- Flexible paid time off: plus 12+ company holidays, and 2 floating holidays to use at your discretion!
- 16-weeks of fully-paid parental leave and new parent support: free 1-year supply of formula, cozy feeding suites, and paid pumping time.
- Up to 6% 401(k) Match to help you plan for your future.
- Company equity for every employee: because when we succeed, we succeed together!
- White House Roundtable: President Biden Meets with Infant Formula Manufacturers
- Business Insider: ByHeart Announces Published Data in a Scholarly Journal on Benefits of The Novel High Quality Protein Blend in Their Groundbreaking Next-Generation Easy to Digest Infant Formula
- Governor Wolf Press Conference: Gov. Wolf highlights state investment in ByHeart, first new formula manufacturer in 15 years
- CBS News: As parents scramble to find baby formula, a new manufacturer is seeing soaring demand
- Forbes: A Startup Wanted To Make A Better Baby Formula. It Took Five Long Years.
*based on data from infants at approximately 4 months of age
As a member of the Brand team, our primary goal is to connect with audiences to foster a positive perception for ByHeart and create brand salience over time.
As the Brand Marketing & Partnerships Director, you will be a part of the core team responsible for shaping and growing the ByHeart brand in its early years. This role will own organic brand channels (Brand Campaigns, Organic Social, Community / Influencers, Partnerships / Sponsorships, and Word-of-Mouth) and build go-to-market strategies for key brand moments, launches and campaigns throughout the year. The ideal candidate will champion brand storytelling—thinking strategically about our positioning, the narratives we want to tell, how and when they creatively come to life, and finally, seeing them through to fruition. You’ll be a strong cross-functional partner to the team, shepherding initiatives from idea to execution with enthusiasm, and representing what’s best for ByHeart in all forums.
What you will accomplish:
- Brand Marketing: Develop and implement comprehensive marketing strategies to bring the brand vision to life, increase brand awareness, foster positive sentiment, and disseminate a brand message that resonates with ByHeart’s target demographic.
- Develop and deliver strong marketing materials for use across Retail, Medical, Performance, PR and Inc-level meetings
- Directly oversee the management of our owned brand channels including organic social media, brand content hub, and beyond
- Directly oversee paid brand awareness channels including OOH, Streaming TV, Display, Podcasting, Influencers, Partnerships, and more
- Partner cross-functionally on other marketing tactical executions
- Brand Campaigns: Develop compelling and exciting brand campaigns that get people talking. Manage the end-to-end execution of 360 brand campaigns—liaising with Creative, Social, PR, Retail, Performance Marketing, CX, and beyond, to ensure the campaign come to life in a cohesive, high impact and thoughtful manner while supporting business growth goals.
- Storytelling Strategy: Leverage consumer insights, market and cultural trends, and our brand positioning to identify, articulate, test, and deploy key brand narratives across our owned channels, DTC, Retail, Medical, and beyond
- Craft clear brand briefings for our internal teams that communicate narratives, territories and concepts that will be rolled out across all channels while best serving our business, brand, and customer experience goals
- Brand Stewardship: Champion the brand at every touchpoint ensuring a cohesive visual aesthetic, unified brand voice across, and consistent message are achieved across all consumer touchpoints inclusive of DTC, Retail, and beyond.
- Bridge the connection between all channels & touchpoints—rolling out top-down strategies that are tied to our campaigns, product launches, retailer launches, and major brand moments.
- Brand Partnerships, Sponsorships & Collabs: identify, pitch and execute strategic brand partnerships and collaborations that marry back to commercial objectives and brand positioning goals. Would include partner giveaways, email swaps, inserts as well as bigger collaborations and campaigns.
- Brand Planning: Aid in the development of annual brand plans and budgets that thoughtfully address our brand goals and growth forecasts by leveraging organic and paid brand channels. Responsible for bringing the VP of Brand’s vision to life. Recommend owned and earned strategies to drive growth and reach KPIs
Evaluation: Define measurable goals and establish systems for monitoring and measuring marketing effectiveness, for each campaign; document and communicate results and learnings to ensure they are applied to future campaigns.
This should describe you:
Best-in-class creative marketer
- You think outside the box, developing big creative ideas grounded in the business needs and consumer insights.
- You aren’t afraid to take risks and think big. You know how to get media, influencers, and consumers authentically talking about your brands.
- Thoughtfully and effectively approach projects to ensure you are maximizing your time, assets/resources, and budget.
- You are a natural-born storyteller! You are curious, ask questions, and could craft a compelling page-turner out of a grain of rice.
- Creative and brimming with your own ideas, while also able to help others structure thinking to prioritize theirs.
- Always looking for opportunities to improve product & brand communication at every touchpoint to better resonate with our target consumers.
- You are passionate about developing with a diverse, female-first perspective with an interest in women’s wellness and the beauty landscape.
- You immerse yourself in customer insights and actively develop a strong understanding of who they are—using these, in turn, to inform your strategies and tactical approaches
- Nothing gets past you! You maintain a finger on the pulse culturally to inform your perspective on what’s relevant, new, and coming up.
Self-motivated & collaborative partner
- You are resourceful, take initiative, and are comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment. Working under tight deadlines while juggling several projects and adapting to change comes naturally to you
- You have experience managing multi-channel campaigns in concert with a variety of cross-functional teams like Performance Marketing, Creative, Retail, CX, Digital Product, Operations, etc. You have an eye for process and organization—setting up systems to improve the way the team works.
- Comfortable receiving and providing feedback! When presenting work to internal and external stakeholders, you are able to address questions, concerns, and critique in a clear, confident way and be able to pivot quickly based on feedback
Who you will work with:
- Reporting to VP of Brand & Product Marketing
- Direct reports:
- Social Media Manager
- Brand Community Manager
- Work closely with the Creative, Brand Amplification, Parent Experience, and Growth Marketing teams
- Collaborate with Legal, Medical, and Regulatory
How You’ll Spend Your Time
- 30% = Brand Campaigns & Activations
- 30% = Brand Partnerships
- 25% = Brand Stewardship
- 15% = Social Media: strategy, content plans
Skills & Qualifications
- An experienced marketer with a proven track record of building engaging, effective campaigns—6-8 years of experience, preferably in a high growth ecomm environment
- Proven track record of executing the full PR and brand marketing mix with a deep understanding of successfully developing paid/owned/earned media strategies to effectively engage with different audiences
- Strong experience in brand media and proven willingness to challenge the status quo on media and campaign approaches
- A natural communicator with strong writing skills; you’re able to sell people into a vision and bring them along on your thought process and strategy
- Must have strong organizational and cross-functional project management skills
- Past experience as a strong people manager
You will be eligible for a discretionary performance based annual cash bonus and to participate in our company’s equity program, plus our robust medical, dental, vision, retirement, and other benefits.
The minimum annual salary for this position is $180,000 and the maximum is $240,000. The salary range for performing this role outside of New York City will differ. Additionally, you will be eligible for a discretionary performance based annual cash bonus and to participate in our company’s equity program, plus our robust medical, dental, vision, retirement, and other benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.