ByHeart is an infant nutrition company built from the ground up to deliver real innovation on behalf of babies and parents. Our mission is simple: make the best formula in the world. That’s why we studied the latest breast milk science, worked directly with suppliers we know and trust, set uncompromising quality standards, developed our own small batch blending process, built our own manufacturing facilities, and conducted a groundbreaking clinical trial. Our goal is to create a future where all parents feel amazing about feeding their baby—no matter how they do it.
When we launched our Whole Nutrition Infant Formula in March 2022, we were the first new U.S infant formula manufacturer in 15 years. Since then, we’ve been leading the way in a lot of ways.
- The only U.S.-made infant formula to use organic, grass-fed whole milk
- The first and only U.S. infant formula company to add the two most abundant proteins found in breast milk—alpha-lac and lactoferrin—to our ingredients list
- The first infant formula company to receive Clean Label Project’s Purity Award (and we test for 700 contaminants vs the required 400)
- We ran the largest clinical trial by a new infant formula brand in 25 years—clinically proving our benefits vs a leading infant formula like:
- Less spit up
- Softer poops
- Easier digestion
- More efficient weight gain
- Enhanced nutrient absorption
- Longer stretches between nighttime feeds*
With >$250M in funding, we’re shifting the industry forward—and this is just the beginning. Help us build a future where all parents can feel amazing about feeding, by joining our growing team of >275 people that stretches across the country.
We're proud to offer competitive, family-first benefits, including but not limited to:
- Health insurance for the whole family: medical, dental, & vision insurance covered 100%, with 90% coverage for your family.
- Flexible paid time off: plus 12+ company holidays, and 2 floating holidays to use at your discretion!
- 16-weeks of fully-paid parental leave and new parent support: free 1-year supply of formula, cozy feeding suites, and paid pumping time.
- Up to 6% 401(k) Match to help you plan for your future.
- Company equity for every employee: because when we succeed, we succeed together!
- White House Roundtable: President Biden Meets with Infant Formula Manufacturers
- Business Insider: ByHeart Announces Published Data in a Scholarly Journal on Benefits of The Novel High Quality Protein Blend in Their Groundbreaking Next-Generation Easy to Digest Infant Formula
- Governor Wolf Press Conference: Gov. Wolf highlights state investment in ByHeart, first new formula manufacturer in 15 years
- CBS News: As parents scramble to find baby formula, a new manufacturer is seeing soaring demand
- Forbes: A Startup Wanted To Make A Better Baby Formula. It Took Five Long Years.
*based on data from infants at approximately 4 months of age
The Instrumentation Technician’s primary focus will be on development and improvement of plant controls system reliability and contributing to maintenance control activities, controls/field device upgrades, ISS support, operations training on new/modified controls installs, and capital project support from design through start-up and validation.
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
Location: BlendHouse Facility in Reading, PA
Start Date: ASAP
- Demonstrate ownership of all plant processes/equipment and continuously strive to improve reliability while lowering costs.
- Maintain, repair, troubleshoot and PM all controls related equipment to maintain facility operation and increase equipment reliability.
- PLC and HMI programming, field device troubleshooting, PLC hardware troubleshooting, Wonderware PC and Thin client workstation set-up/deployment, PanelView Plus program development, and download/upload of PLC & Panel view programs.
- Lead as necessary on controls projects to include minor design, implementation, and start-up.
- Provide controls training to other maintenance technicians.
- Train end users on the operations of newly installed or modified process or control systems.
- Scope material needs for assigned work orders and estimate labor and support needed to complete work orders.
Skills & Qualifications
- Associates Degree in Controls Engineering, Industrial Technology, OR equivalent experience as a control’s technician
- Two years of experience in PLC programming (Siemens, Allen-Bradley, etc.) and HMI development (Wonderware preferred but any HMI suite is fine)
- Experience troubleshooting mechanical/electrical systems by utilizing drawings, PLC code, operational manuals, and the utilization of various instrumentation such as flow meters, pressure transducers, RTDs, and chart reorders
- Two (2) or more years prior experience in the Dairy Industry as a maintenance tech with a strong mechanical and electrical background Pneumatics, hydraulics, AC frequency drives, electrical controls, instrumentation, schematic reading, welding, mechanical (sprockets & gearboxes), and PLC knowledge
- Licensed Electrician preferred but not required
- Must be available to work on call or off-hours during capital project commissioning or testing
- Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, and Holidays
- Ability to prioritize tasks and follow specified procedures
- Must be team orientated, self-motivated and communicate effectively, oral and written
- Able to perform essential job functions of the position
- Able to handle varying work conditions from extremely hot/humid to cold
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.