Facilities and Maintenance Manager
ByHeart is an infant nutrition company built from the ground up to deliver real innovation on behalf of babies and parents. Our mission is simple: make the best formula in the world. That’s why we studied the latest breast milk science, worked directly with suppliers we know and trust, set uncompromising quality standards, developed our own small batch blending process, built our own manufacturing facilities, and conducted a groundbreaking clinical trial. Our goal is to create a future where all parents feel amazing about feeding their baby—no matter how they do it.
When we launched our Whole Nutrition Infant Formula in March 2022, we were the first new U.S infant formula manufacturer in 15 years. Since then, we’ve been leading the way in a lot of ways.
- The only U.S.-made infant formula to use organic, grass-fed whole milk
- The first and only U.S. infant formula company to add the two most abundant proteins found in breast milk—alpha-lac and lactoferrin—to our ingredients list
- The first infant formula company to receive Clean Label Project’s Purity Award (and we test for 700 contaminants vs the required 400)
- We ran the largest clinical trial by a new infant formula brand in 25 years—clinically proving our benefits vs a leading infant formula like:
- Less spit up
- Softer poops
- Easier digestion
- More efficient weight gain
- Enhanced nutrient absorption
- Longer stretches between nighttime feeds*
With >$250M in funding, we’re shifting the industry forward—and this is just the beginning. Help us build a future where all parents can feel amazing about feeding, by joining our growing team of >275 people that stretches across the country.
We're proud to offer competitive, family-first benefits, including but not limited to:
- Health insurance for the whole family: medical, dental, & vision insurance covered 100%, with 90% coverage for your family.
- Flexible paid time off: plus 12+ company holidays, and 2 floating holidays to use at your discretion!
- 16-weeks of fully-paid parental leave and new parent support: free 1-year supply of formula, cozy feeding suites, and paid pumping time.
- Up to 6% 401(k) Match to help you plan for your future.
- Company equity for every employee: because when we succeed, we succeed together!
- White House Roundtable: President Biden Meets with Infant Formula Manufacturers
- Business Insider: ByHeart Announces Published Data in a Scholarly Journal on Benefits of The Novel High Quality Protein Blend in Their Groundbreaking Next-Generation Easy to Digest Infant Formula
- Governor Wolf Press Conference: Gov. Wolf highlights state investment in ByHeart, first new formula manufacturer in 15 years
- CBS News: As parents scramble to find baby formula, a new manufacturer is seeing soaring demand
- Forbes: A Startup Wanted To Make A Better Baby Formula. It Took Five Long Years.
*based on data from infants at approximately 4 months of age
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Facilities and Maintenance Manager provides support for the efficient operation of our facilities, including coordination of building projects and maintenance services.
- Gathering and analyzing data, blueprints, and reports.
- Determining facility and equipment specifications.
- Analyzing project costs and preparing budgets.
- Evaluating operational systems and facility infrastructure to ascertain and improve operational efficiencies.
- Planning and coordinating infrastructure and equipment maintenance schedules and activities.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant regulations, building codes, and health and safety standards.
- Preparing reports and compliance documentation.
- Conducting operational reviews of facilities’ mechanical electrical or other building systems; may include field work and travel to various sites
- Conducting investigations and assist in development of new concepts to solve unique problems related to buildings in the area of energy, electrical systems, mechanical systems or other building infrastructure systems
- Interacting in a collaborative manner with other team members to accomplish organizational goals; may provide ideas to improve efficiency at group level; network within and beyond own technical peer group
- Assisting with the operational reviews of facilities mechanical, electrical, or other building systems; may include field work and travel to various sites
- Applying standard practices and techniques in solving problems related to facilities operation and maintenance
- Interacting with external vendors, companies and/or regulatory authorities
- Assisting in site and system inspections
- Managing moderate or small projects; plan, schedule, conduct, or coordinate detailed phases of the work of a major
- project or in a total project of moderate steps
Competency & Skill Requirements
- Experience with AutoCAD, SAP, and MS Office.
- Knowledge of the building process and construction principles.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and building codes.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Project management skills.
- Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial engineering.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Must be able to lift 50 lb./25 kg.
- Must have ability to stand, crouch, climb, and work in confined spaces to perform adjustments to equipment, use ladders, and perform various types of manual labor
- Ability to wear PPE as necessary
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures, follow CGMP's, and work in a manner consistent with all corporate and regulatory, food safety, quality and sanitation requirements
- Will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local standards for the manufacture of infant formula and other non-infant nutritional foods.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.