Senior Director of Sales Operations & Strategy
ByHeart is an infant nutrition company built from the ground up to deliver real innovation on behalf of babies and parents. Our mission is simple: make the best formula in the world. That’s why we studied the latest breast milk science, worked directly with suppliers we know and trust, set uncompromising quality standards, developed our own small batch blending process, built our own manufacturing facilities, and conducted a groundbreaking clinical trial. Our goal is to create a future where all parents feel amazing about feeding their baby—no matter how they do it.
When we launched our Whole Nutrition Infant Formula in March 2022, we were the first new U.S infant formula manufacturer in 15 years. Since then, we’ve been leading the way in a lot of ways.
- The only U.S.-made infant formula to use organic, grass-fed whole milk
- The first and only U.S. infant formula company to add the two most abundant proteins found in breast milk—alpha-lac and lactoferrin—to our ingredients list
- The first infant formula company to receive Clean Label Project’s Purity Award (and we test for 700 contaminants vs the required 400)
- We ran the largest clinical trial by a new infant formula brand in 25 years—clinically proving our benefits vs a leading infant formula like:
- Less spit up
- Softer poops
- Easier digestion
- More efficient weight gain
- Enhanced nutrient absorption
- Longer stretches between nighttime feeds*
With >$250M in funding, we’re shifting the industry forward—and this is just the beginning. Help us build a future where all parents can feel amazing about feeding, by joining our growing team of >275 people that stretches across the country.
We're proud to offer competitive, family-first benefits, including but not limited to:
- Health insurance for the whole family: medical, dental, & vision insurance covered 100%, with 90% coverage for your family.
- Flexible paid time off: plus 12+ company holidays, and 2 floating holidays to use at your discretion!
- 16-weeks of fully-paid parental leave and new parent support: free 1-year supply of formula, cozy feeding suites, and paid pumping time.
- Up to 6% 401(k) Match to help you plan for your future.
- Company equity for every employee: because when we succeed, we succeed together!
- White House Roundtable: President Biden Meets with Infant Formula Manufacturers
- Business Insider: ByHeart Announces Published Data in a Scholarly Journal on Benefits of The Novel High Quality Protein Blend in Their Groundbreaking Next-Generation Easy to Digest Infant Formula
- Governor Wolf Press Conference: Gov. Wolf highlights state investment in ByHeart, first new formula manufacturer in 15 years
- CBS News: As parents scramble to find baby formula, a new manufacturer is seeing soaring demand
- Forbes: A Startup Wanted To Make A Better Baby Formula. It Took Five Long Years.
*based on data from infants at approximately 4 months of age
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advise on Retail Sales Strategy
- Advise and guide marketplace pricing and value offerings across all channels/customers and ensure that these price offerings are consistently delivered
- Manage the Retail Sales Plan
- Lead the Annual Planning Process
- Manage the retail P&L, forecast models, daily sales and customer specific sales analysis; create tools as needed to analyze results
- Collaborate with sales on customer specific plans to drive continued growth in current and future channels of trade
- Function as the forecast / S&OP Lead for the sales team which includes owning monthly forecast updates for all customers and businesses by aggregating sales input, insights, and trends from key accounts
- Provide field support, coordinating with sales around broker contracts, customer reset schedules, all funding and customer agreements
- Analyze the impact of trade, shopper and brand marketing programs
- Owner of GS1, 1WorldSync and IX-ONE for all products
- Collaborate with Cross Functional Team Members
- Develop a strong working relationship with cross functional partners
- Lead new customer and vendor set up, end-to-end deduction management, accounts payable, and accounts receivable communications
- Establish customer terms, (EDI) order process, retail list price, and retail project management
- Lead data analytics & collaborate on acquisition of new shoppers for retail
- Provide thought leadership in data analytics and analyze data in several different ways to inform marketing tactics to grow the retail business
- Work with the customer acquisition team (customers in this case meaning parents!) and brand team on ways to use internal marketing tools and data to grow the retail business. For example – how to use store level insights and ad targeting to drive growth in specific stores in specific zip code
- Develop strategies for how to most effectively allocate retail marketing & trade spend and then analyze marketing performance data to optimize marketing mix
Skills & Qualifications
- Significant (10+ years) of relevant experience with demonstrated success in guiding a high-impact team in a fast-paced, omnichannel environment; public company and/or private company readiness experience is a strong plus. (Retail Experience required)
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial planning, forecasting, and modeling
- Excellent strategic thinking, communication, interpersonal skills, and executive presence; ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with cross-functional stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Data whiz! Passion for analyzing data in many different ways
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong change management skills, demonstrates innovation and creativity and an ability to influence/gain alignment across diverging perspectives
- Highly organized with a strong process orientation and attention to detail
You will be eligible for a discretionary performance based annual cash bonus and to participate in our company’s equity program, plus our robust medical, dental, vision, retirement, and other benefits.
The minimum annual salary for this position is $180,000 and the maximum is $210,000. The salary range for performing this role outside of New York City will differ. Additionally, you will be eligible for a discretionary performance based annual cash bonus and to participate in our company’s equity program, plus our robust medical, dental, vision, retirement, and other benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.