ByHeart is an infant nutrition company built from the ground up to deliver real innovation on behalf of babies and parents. Our mission is simple: make the best formula in the world. That’s why we studied the latest breast milk science, worked directly with suppliers we know and trust, set uncompromising quality standards, developed our own small batch blending process, built our own manufacturing facilities, and conducted a groundbreaking clinical trial. Our goal is to create a future where all parents feel amazing about feeding their baby—no matter how they do it.
When we launched our Whole Nutrition Infant Formula in March 2022, we were the first new U.S infant formula manufacturer in 15 years. Since then, we’ve been leading the way in a lot of ways.
- The only U.S.-made infant formula to use organic, grass-fed whole milk
- The first and only U.S. infant formula company to add the two most abundant proteins found in breast milk—alpha-lac and lactoferrin—to our ingredients list
- The first infant formula company to receive Clean Label Project’s Purity Award (and we test for 700 contaminants vs the required 400)
- We ran the largest clinical trial by a new infant formula brand in 25 years—clinically proving our benefits vs a leading infant formula like:
- Less spit up
- Softer poops
- Easier digestion
- More efficient weight gain
- Enhanced nutrient absorption
- Longer stretches between nighttime feeds*
With >$250M in funding, we’re shifting the industry forward—and this is just the beginning. Help us build a future where all parents can feel amazing about feeding, by joining our growing team of >275 people that stretches across the country.
We're proud to offer competitive, family-first benefits, including but not limited to:
- Health insurance for the whole family: medical, dental, & vision insurance covered 100%, with 90% coverage for your family.
- Flexible paid time off: plus 12+ company holidays, and your kid’s birthday off!
- 16-weeks of fully-paid parental leave and new parent support: free 1-year supply of formula, cozy feeding suites, and paid pumping time.
- Up to 6% 401(k) Match to help you plan for your future.
- Company equity for every employee: because when we succeed, we succeed together!
- White House Roundtable: President Biden Meets with Infant Formula Manufacturers
- Business Insider: ByHeart Announces Published Data in a Scholarly Journal on Benefits of The Novel High Quality Protein Blend in Their Groundbreaking Next-Generation Easy to Digest Infant Formula
- Governor Wolf Press Conference: Gov. Wolf highlights state investment in ByHeart, first new formula manufacturer in 15 years
- CBS News: As parents scramble to find baby formula, a new manufacturer is seeing soaring demand
- Forbes: A Startup Wanted To Make A Better Baby Formula. It Took Five Long Years.
*based on data from infants at approximately 4 months of age
The operator assists production by performing the manufacturing tasks required to fulfill the daily requirements of the production schedule
Reports To: Floor Supervisor
Location: ByHeart Manufacturing Facility in Reading, PA
Start Date: ASAP
- Must be able to successfully operate and troubleshoot every piece of equipment within the facility. This includes, but not limited to, the following: pasteurizer, separator, homogenizer, evaporator, dryer, and packaging equipment
- Responsible for the batching process and following the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for each product
- Responsible for running Clean-In-Place (CIP) operations
- Perform the following quality tests on an hourly basis: moisture, fats, solids, and scorch
- Responsible for relieving baggers for break purposes. During this time, process operators must assume all the hourly duties of a bagger
- Follow aseptic procedures at all times
- Correctly follow all production, cleaning procedures as described in the SOP.
- Know the location of all raw and packaging materials and finished production within the warehouse.
- Locate & maintain inventories by moving ingredients within the inventory system (DEACOM) and bringing them to the work area.
- Maintains records including but not limited to computer, sanitation, pre-op, and batch tickets.
- Safely and properly operate a forklift.
Skills & Qualifications
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Previous Food Manufacturing Experience preferred
- Forklift experience preferred
- Must be self-disciplined, a team player, and be able to handle emergency situations common to the operation.
- Must be able to maintain and display personal cleanliness and follow GMPs’ as described in company guidelines.
- Must be able to write clearly and in an organized fashion.
- Must be able to use a computer: MS office; and other company provided software
- Able to lift 50 lb./25 kg bags or drums during the batching and bagging process.
- Need ability to stand, crouch and climb to perform adjustments to equipment, use ladders, and perform various types of manual labor
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.