ByHeart is an infant nutrition company built from the ground up to deliver real innovation on behalf of babies and parents. Our mission is simple: make the best formula in the world. That’s why we studied the latest breast milk science, worked directly with suppliers we know and trust, set uncompromising quality standards, developed our own small batch blending process, built our own manufacturing facilities, and conducted a groundbreaking clinical trial. Our goal is to create a future where all parents feel amazing about feeding their baby—no matter how they do it.
When we launched our Whole Nutrition Infant Formula in March 2022, we were the first new U.S infant formula manufacturer in 15 years. Since then, we’ve been leading the way in a lot of ways.
- The only U.S.-made infant formula to use organic, grass-fed whole milk
- The first and only U.S. infant formula company to add the two most abundant proteins found in breast milk—alpha-lac and lactoferrin—to our ingredients list
- The first infant formula company to receive Clean Label Project’s Purity Award (and we test for 700 contaminants vs the required 400)
- We ran the largest clinical trial by a new infant formula brand in 25 years—clinically proving our benefits vs a leading infant formula like:
- Less spit up
- Softer poops
- Easier digestion
- More efficient weight gain
- Enhanced nutrient absorption
- Longer stretches between nighttime feeds*
With >$250M in funding, we’re shifting the industry forward—and this is just the beginning. Help us build a future where all parents can feel amazing about feeding, by joining our growing team of >275 people that stretches across the country.
We're proud to offer competitive, family-first benefits, including but not limited to:
- Health insurance for the whole family: medical, dental, & vision insurance covered 100%, with 90% coverage for your family.
- Flexible paid time off: plus 12+ company holidays, and your kid’s birthday off!
- 16-weeks of fully-paid parental leave and new parent support: free 1-year supply of formula, cozy feeding suites, and paid pumping time.
- Up to 6% 401(k) Match to help you plan for your future.
- Company equity for every employee: because when we succeed, we succeed together!
- White House Roundtable: President Biden Meets with Infant Formula Manufacturers
- Business Insider: ByHeart Announces Published Data in a Scholarly Journal on Benefits of The Novel High Quality Protein Blend in Their Groundbreaking Next-Generation Easy to Digest Infant Formula
- Governor Wolf Press Conference: Gov. Wolf highlights state investment in ByHeart, first new formula manufacturer in 15 years
- CBS News: As parents scramble to find baby formula, a new manufacturer is seeing soaring demand
- Forbes: A Startup Wanted To Make A Better Baby Formula. It Took Five Long Years.
*based on data from infants at approximately 4 months of age
Position Location: Portland, OR
Position Reports to: Production Supervisor
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Seamer Operator is responsible and accountable for the shift productivity, quality, and yield requirements for the seamer area. The operator’s responsibility is to safely produce quality powdered nutritional product following all SOP, cGMP, and all company policies.
- Operator will utilize the seamer equipment and HMIs to properly seam cans within quality specifications.
- Operates assigned to the seamer area will complete job duties in compliance with established current Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operation Procedures, safety requirements and other regulations.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs. as needed.
- Responsible and accountable for established productivity, quality, and yield requirements.
- Accurately completes batch paperwork in a timely manner.
- Follows the work instructions to disassembles, hand cleans & sanitizes, and reassembles equipment.
- Be able to troubleshoot issues and make adjustments as needed.
- Be able to learn other equipment to cover breaks.
- Recommends productivity, efficiency, quality and safety improvements to management.
- Performs and documents operation in compliance with Batch Records, SOP’s, and any other required documentation.
- Works well working part of a team while being able to complete individual responsibilities.
- Complies with all company policies.
- Works in a safe manner.
- Checks work for accuracy.
- Participates in training as needed.
- Completes additional tasks and projects as assigned by management
Competencies and Skill Requirements
- Embrace/foster new questions, change, and innovation within the workplace.
- Seek new ways to collaborate and cooperate with departmental employees, co-workers, and other business partners to achieve outcomes that benefit the organization and its customers.
- Communicate in a clear and transparent manner with all organizational team members.
- Consistently execute duties and decisions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Approach workplace decisions from a customer service point-of-view, actively eliciting the needs of external, as well as internal, customers.
- Continually look for opportunities to improve, to acquire new knowledge and skills, and participate in workplace training opportunities.
- Act professionally at all times. Ensure that tone of voice, language, appearance, and conversations are office-appropriate.
- Accept responsibility for the execution of essential functions and be accountable for all actions.
- Demonstrate through actions and work-product that Safety and Workers’ Compensation initiatives are of utmost importance.
- Demonstrate consistent leadership skills in all decisions and interactions
Education & Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience in food or consumer products environment preferred.
- Familiarity with cGMP’s, SOP’s, HAACP’s, or other similar quality programs preferred. 1 year of infant formula powder manufacturing experience preferred, or 1 year of other relevant food industry experience required.
- Combined experience and/or education that would demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities need to meet the requirements of this position.
- Need ability to stand, crouch and climb to perform adjustments to equipment, use ladders, and perform various types of manual labor.
- Heavy physical effort required.
- Must be able to lift 55lbs as needed.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures, follow CGMP's, and work in a manner consistent with all corporate and regulatory, food safety, quality and sanitation requirement
- Will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local standards for the manufacture of infant formula and other non-infant nutritional foods.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.