Office Manager & Administrative Assistant
ByHeart is an infant nutrition company built from the ground up to deliver real innovation on behalf of babies and parents. Our mission is simple: make the best formula in the world. That’s why we studied the latest breast milk science, worked directly with suppliers we know and trust, set uncompromising quality standards, developed our own small batch blending process, built our own manufacturing facilities, and conducted a groundbreaking clinical trial. Our goal is to create a future where all parents feel amazing about feeding their baby—no matter how they do it.
When we launched our Whole Nutrition Infant Formula in March 2022, we were the first new U.S infant formula manufacturer in 15 years. Since then, we’ve been leading the way in a lot of ways.
- The only U.S.-made infant formula to use organic, grass-fed whole milk
- The first and only U.S. infant formula company to add the two most abundant proteins found in breast milk—alpha-lac and lactoferrin—to our ingredients list
- The first infant formula company to receive Clean Label Project’s Purity Award (and we test for 700 contaminants vs the required 400)
- We ran the largest clinical trial by a new infant formula brand in 25 years—clinically proving our benefits vs a leading infant formula like:
- Less spit up
- Softer poops
- Easier digestion
- More efficient weight gain
- Enhanced nutrient absorption
- Longer stretches between nighttime feeds*
With >$250M in funding, we’re shifting the industry forward—and this is just the beginning. Help us build a future where all parents can feel amazing about feeding, by joining our growing team of >275 people that stretches across the country.
We're proud to offer competitive, family-first benefits, including but not limited to:
- Health insurance for the whole family: medical, dental, & vision insurance covered 100%, with 90% coverage for your family.
- Flexible paid time off: plus 12+ company holidays, and your kid’s birthday off!
- 16-weeks of fully-paid parental leave and new parent support: free 1-year supply of formula, cozy feeding suites, and paid pumping time.
- Up to 6% 401(k) Match to help you plan for your future.
- Company equity for every employee: because when we succeed, we succeed together!
- White House Roundtable: President Biden Meets with Infant Formula Manufacturers
- Business Insider: ByHeart Announces Published Data in a Scholarly Journal on Benefits of The Novel High Quality Protein Blend in Their Groundbreaking Next-Generation Easy to Digest Infant Formula
- Governor Wolf Press Conference: Gov. Wolf highlights state investment in ByHeart, first new formula manufacturer in 15 years
- CBS News: As parents scramble to find baby formula, a new manufacturer is seeing soaring demand
- Forbes: A Startup Wanted To Make A Better Baby Formula. It Took Five Long Years.
*based on data from infants at approximately 4 months of age
As Office Manager & Administrative Assistant, you will manage a wide range of support functions in a fast-paced, growing environment. You will be responsible for office management (35%), reception services (35%), and administrative support (20%). You will be a key member of our Portland team and will need to be organized, proactive, and resourceful with a high level of professionalism and attention to detail.
- Reports To: Plant Manager
- Location: ByHeart Reading Facility (BlendHouse Reading, 61 Vanguard Dr, Reading, PA 19606)
- Start Date: ASAP
- Office Management
- Purchase and organize all front office supplies, inclusive of stocking all PPE (scrubs, hair nets, gloves, etc.), breakroom, bathrooms, and office stationary
- Manage supply inventory, ensuring no outages of key materials
- Receive, maintain, and keep track of new and unused IT equipment and supplies (such as laptops, monitors, iPad, accessories, toner, etc.)
- Monitor conference rooms’ functionality and report any issues to IT, assist with basic troubleshooting
- Maintain a welcoming and tidy environment throughout the front office area
- Manage all office vendors and maintain accurate vendor files, and manage budgets and documentation for all office supplies (35%)
Reception Services (35%)
- Receive visitors, ensure sign in process and GMP trainings are completed, assist all visitors through shoe change station
- Track and manage visitor schedules, maintain and communicate visitor schedule to plant leadership
- Answer main office phone line, distribute messages as needed
- Answer front door, and ensure all security procedures are accurately followed
- Receive, distribute, and store all front office packages in a timely and organized fashion
Administrative Support (25%)
- Support key business meetings and visitors such as FDA - order meals, book travel, set up conference room, host visitor breaks, take meeting minutes, and prepare tours
- Provide high-level administrative support and scheduling assistance to the Plant Manager and/or senior leadership team
- Organize meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders, and organizing catering when necessary
- Acts as a liaison between Plant Manager and corporate team
- Support people initiatives as needed, including coordination and planning of company events
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate records.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least four years of related experience required, experience in manufacturing or regulated industries a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Personable and calm, and the ability to effectively interface with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to make decisions in a fast-paced, changing environment, and anticipate future needs.
- Self-starter, with excellent organizational skills and exception attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be extremely proficient with Microsoft Office (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Publisher) with the ability to learn new or updated software.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.