ByHeart is an infant nutrition company built from the ground up to deliver real innovation on behalf of babies and parents. Our mission is simple: make the best formula in the world. That’s why we studied the latest breast milk science, worked directly with suppliers we know and trust, set uncompromising quality standards, developed our own small batch blending process, built our own manufacturing facilities, and conducted a groundbreaking clinical trial. Our goal is to create a future where all parents feel amazing about feeding their baby—no matter how they do it.
When we launched our Whole Nutrition Infant Formula in March 2022, we were the first new U.S infant formula manufacturer in 15 years. Since then, we’ve been leading the way in a lot of ways.
- The only U.S.-made infant formula to use organic, grass-fed whole milk
- The first and only U.S. infant formula company to add the two most abundant proteins found in breast milk—alpha-lac and lactoferrin—to our ingredients list
- The first infant formula company to receive Clean Label Project’s Purity Award (and we test for 700 contaminants vs the required 400)
- We ran the largest clinical trial by a new infant formula brand in 25 years—clinically proving our benefits vs a leading infant formula like:
- Less spit up
- Softer poops
- Easier digestion
- More efficient weight gain
- Enhanced nutrient absorption
- Longer stretches between nighttime feeds*
With >$250M in funding, we’re shifting the industry forward—and this is just the beginning. Help us build a future where all parents can feel amazing about feeding, by joining our growing team of >275 people that stretches across the country.
We're proud to offer competitive, family-first benefits, including but not limited to:
- Health insurance for the whole family: medical, dental, & vision insurance covered 100%, with 90% coverage for your family.
- Flexible paid time off: plus 12+ company holidays, and your kid’s birthday off!
- 16-weeks of fully-paid parental leave and new parent support: free 1-year supply of formula, cozy feeding suites, and paid pumping time.
- Up to 6% 401(k) Match to help you plan for your future.
- Company equity for every employee: because when we succeed, we succeed together!
- White House Roundtable: President Biden Meets with Infant Formula Manufacturers
- Business Insider: ByHeart Announces Published Data in a Scholarly Journal on Benefits of The Novel High Quality Protein Blend in Their Groundbreaking Next-Generation Easy to Digest Infant Formula
- Governor Wolf Press Conference: Gov. Wolf highlights state investment in ByHeart, first new formula manufacturer in 15 years
- CBS News: As parents scramble to find baby formula, a new manufacturer is seeing soaring demand
- Forbes: A Startup Wanted To Make A Better Baby Formula. It Took Five Long Years.
*based on data from infants at approximately 4 months of age
Reports To: Plant Manager
Location: Portland, Oregon
Start Date: ASAP
The Production Manager is responsible for monitoring and guiding all production activities related to the Plant. The manager shall advise, control, and support operations to guarantee compliance with the Production Schedule, Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, Regulatory Laws, and Corporate specifications, policies, and procedures. A general knowledge and understanding of production processes and excellent communication skills are essential to the successful fulfillment of the position requirements.
- Follows and enforces all safety policies and procedures. Works to advance and promote the safety culture of the site.
- Ensures the safety of personnel and property by making sure that unsafe acts or conditions are not permitted to prevail, routinely inspects safety equipment, investigates any potential hazards and recommends corrective action.
- Monitor data on Safety, Quality, Cost, and Efficiency and develop continuous improvement plans. Develop and manage key metrics.
- Maximize the sales generated by the Processing Equipment through compliance to the production schedule as well as coordination of scale-up activities for new products.
- Develop staffing plans and optimal production schedules to maximize efficiency and throughput.
- Monitor all production operations on a regular basis; take corrective action when deviations from specifications are apparent; report problems and corrective actions to operations staff in a timely manner; observe production processes for compliance with written SOPs.
- Coordinate and prioritize maintenance activities for repairs and equipment upgrades.
- Set goals/objectives with Plant Manager and other senior leadership.
- Comply with all policies and procedures of the Corporation.
- The position requires sufficient time to accomplish the tasks leading to long days, weekends, and holiday work schedules. When plant production is operational on weekends and holidays, the Production Manager is expected to be available to work if needed. The ability to manage change and interruption is paramount to being successful in this role.
Skills & Qualifications
- This position is required to function as coach and counselor as well as a key decision maker
- Must be self-disciplined, a team player, and be able to handle emergency situations common to the operation.
- Must be able to maintain and display personal cleanliness and follow GMPs’ as described in company guidelines
- Must be able to write clearly and in an organized fashion.
- Must be able to use a computer: MS office; and other company provided software
- High school diploma or equivalent, bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5 years of experience in plant operations and 3-5 years of supervising the work of and coaching others preferably in dairy or food processing
- Need ability to stand, crouch and climb to perform inspection of equipment, and associated processes.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures, follow CGMP's, and work in a manner consistent with all corporate and regulatory, food safety, quality, and sanitation requirements.
- Will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local standards for the manufacture of infant formula and other non-infant nutritional foods.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.