General Production Operator
ByHeart is an infant nutrition company built from the ground up to deliver real innovation on behalf of babies and parents. Our mission is simple: make the best formula in the world. That’s why we studied the latest breast milk science, worked directly with suppliers we know and trust, set uncompromising quality standards, developed our own small batch blending process, built our own manufacturing facilities, and conducted a groundbreaking clinical trial. Our goal is to create a future where all parents feel amazing about feeding their baby—no matter how they do it.
When we launched our Whole Nutrition Infant Formula in March 2022, we were the first new U.S infant formula manufacturer in 15 years. Since then, we’ve been leading the way in a lot of ways.
- The only U.S.-made infant formula to use organic, grass-fed whole milk
- The first and only U.S. infant formula company to add the two most abundant proteins found in breast milk—alpha-lac and lactoferrin—to our ingredients list
- The first infant formula company to receive Clean Label Project’s Purity Award (and we test for 700 contaminants vs the required 400)
- We ran the largest clinical trial by a new infant formula brand in 25 years—clinically proving our benefits vs a leading infant formula like:
- Less spit up
- Softer poops
- Easier digestion
- More efficient weight gain
- Enhanced nutrient absorption
- Longer stretches between nighttime feeds*
With >$250M in funding, we’re shifting the industry forward—and this is just the beginning. Help us build a future where all parents can feel amazing about feeding, by joining our growing team of >275 people that stretches across the country.
We're proud to offer competitive, family-first benefits, including but not limited to:
- Health insurance for the whole family: medical, dental, & vision insurance covered 100%, with 90% coverage for your family.
- Flexible paid time off: plus 12+ company holidays, and your kid’s birthday off!
- 16-weeks of fully-paid parental leave and new parent support: free 1-year supply of formula, cozy feeding suites, and paid pumping time.
- Up to 6% 401(k) Match to help you plan for your future.
- Company equity for every employee: because when we succeed, we succeed together!
- White House Roundtable: President Biden Meets with Infant Formula Manufacturers
- Business Insider: ByHeart Announces Published Data in a Scholarly Journal on Benefits of The Novel High Quality Protein Blend in Their Groundbreaking Next-Generation Easy to Digest Infant Formula
- Governor Wolf Press Conference: Gov. Wolf highlights state investment in ByHeart, first new formula manufacturer in 15 years
- CBS News: As parents scramble to find baby formula, a new manufacturer is seeing soaring demand
- Forbes: A Startup Wanted To Make A Better Baby Formula. It Took Five Long Years.
*based on data from infants at approximately 4 months of age
Reports To: Sanitation Manager
Location: Portland, Oregon
Start Date: ASAP
The General Production Operator is trained in Standard Operating Procedures to operate all equipment and effectively perform the duties of the position. This may include supporting the entire packaging process, transporting pallets of product, loading and unloading shipments, or any other task as designated by the Production Management. The General Production Operator may assist in the cycle count/inventory accuracy program as needed.
- Properly operate weight scale and heat sealer
- Place lids on cans, assemble boxes for packaging canned products, fill and seal boxes, and stack pallets.
- Properly sample bags and sacks at all bagging locations.
- Read production schedule, work order(s), shipping/receiving order(s) to determine items to be moved or distributed, daily
- Receive inbound deliveries and/or stage and load outbound deliveries – Complete all documentation as required
- Pick materials from pick lists and deliver / transfer to appropriate area in facility
- Maintain perpetual inventory log and manage all materials movement within the ERP system
- Perform daily forklift checks against PMs schedules
- Rotate/store stock according to date coding and allergen protocol
- Return all remaining materials from production runs back into inventory and finalize control documents on said changes (additions/deletions) as required
- Maintain a vigilant posture and practice on personal safety and product integrity.
- Follow proper sanitation procedures as described in the associated SOP.
- Maintain all associated work areas in a clean, neat manner during the entire shift.
- Safely handle chemicals and effectively clean all designated plant areas.
- Remove plant generated waste to the trash compactor and safely operate the compactor.
- Attend all company mandated training sessions – these include Safety, Good Manufacturing Practices, etc.
- Can perform minor maintenance on associated equipment
Skills & Qualifications
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be self-disciplined, a team player, and be able to handle emergency situations common to the operation.
- Able to lift 50 lb./25 kg during the packaging process. Need ability to stand, crouch and climb to perform adjustments to equipment, use ladders, and perform various types of manual labor.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.