Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
ByHeart is a fully integrated baby nutrition company dedicated to empowering parents with choice: we want all parents to feel amazing about feeding.
We build each product from the ground up: a team of pediatricians, breast milk researchers and nutrition experts at the forefront of immune, cognitive, digestive and microbiome health inform our next-to-nature approach. We hand-pick the most wholesome ingredients from partners and farms that we consider family. We take pride in what we put in and in what we keep out of each recipe. ByHeart is only the 5th FDA-registered infant formula manufacturer in the US, and the only new infant formula brand to complete its own clinical trial in over 15 years. Our formula is blended in proprietary small batch process in our owned facility in Reading, PA with rigorous quality and safety controls. Parents deserve farm-to-formula accountability. Innovation isn’t easy, but we believe in a better feeding future.
With over $190M in pre-market funding, we take our investors and board members as seriously as we take our formula: they come from a vast landscape of expertise, ranging from life sciences development to consumer media and direct to consumer disruption, and more. We launched our Whole Nutrition Infant Formula in March 2022, and are advancing a pipeline of mom and baby nutrition products & markets to follow.
Please visit our site to learn more, and see some recent press on ByHeart:
About Our Culture
A committed team is (and always has been) the fuel that propels ByHeart forward. ByHeart is comprised of world-class doctors, seasoned formula experts, dedicated blendmasters, and passionate parents. Above all, we are people who believe in no-compromise nutrition, farm to formula accountability, parent partnership and net positive impact for babies (and their parents!), meaning all families (including those of our own ByHeart team) have the very best health choices – whenever and wherever they need them.
At ByHeart, we say people are our number one priority, but we want our actions to speak louder than our words: we offer a fully comprehensive benefits package to every employee on the team, plus flexibility to achieve personal work-life balance. Join us to empower parents with the very best nutrition choices for baby – from (even before) day one.
- Effectively complete preventive and proactive maintenance per the schedule to prevent breakdowns on equipment.
- Utilize root-cause analysis skills to investigate breakdown and line stoppages while collaborating with other departments.
- Initial responder when a line stops producing and assures that the appropriate mechanical help is on site to correct any problems quickly using electrical and/or mechanical skills.
- Prioritizes work to ensure timely maintenance, repair and installation of equipment, tools and utility systems to minimize manufacturing downtime and completes all required paperwork and documentation in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Repair or maintain the operating condition of industrial production or processing machinery or equipment including inspection, assembly, disassembly, and replacement as necessary.
- Observe and test the operation of machinery or equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters or other testing devices.
- Operate newly repaired machinery or equipment to verify the adequacy of repairs.
- Analyze test results, machine error messages or information obtained from operators to diagnose equipment problems.
- Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational and safety performance standards.
- Support the facility’s food safety and food quality programs to assure compliance and achieve desired results.
Skills & Qualifications
- A high school diploma and a minimum of five (5) years relevant experience in an industrial automation setting or one-year certificate/apprenticeship from college, technical, trade, and/or military school in a related trade area is required.
- Must be a Licensed Electrician
- Fabricating and TIG welding stainless steel experience preferred.
- Knowledge of 480VAC motors & controls required (Prior NFPA70E training a plus)
- Experience in manufacturing/packaging/processing field is preferred.
- Experience troubleshooting manufacturing/packaging/process equipment is preferred.
- Knowledge of GMP processes and packaging components is preferred.
- CMMS experience preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work well both independently and in an empowered team environment.
- Must be willing and able to work one of these shifts on a regular basis: 2nd shift or 3rd shift (with occasional on call and weekends)
- Ramsay testing will be administered to qualified candidates.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job which include - Working in temperature regulated areas, climbing over, into and under machinery for repairs and maintenance, bending, stooping, and lifting of weights up to 50 pounds.
- Must be self-disciplined, a team player, and be able to handle emergency situations common to the operation. Must be able to maintain and display personal cleanliness and follow GMPs’ as described in company guidelines. Must be able to write clearly and in an organized fashion. Must be able to use a computer: MS office; and other company provided software.
- Infant Formula or Food manufacturing experience preferred.
- This job requires the employee to be able to lift 50 lb./25 kg bags or drums during the batching and bagging process. Need ability to stand, crouch and climb to perform adjustments to equipment, use ladders, and perform various types of manual labor.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.