Senior Director of Manufacturing
ByHeart is a fully integrated baby nutrition company dedicated to empowering parents with choice: we want all parents to feel amazing about feeding.
We build each product from the ground up: a team of pediatricians, breast milk researchers and nutrition experts at the forefront of immune, cognitive, digestive and microbiome health inform our next-to-nature approach. We hand-pick the most wholesome ingredients from partners and farms that we consider family. We take pride in what we put in and in what we keep out of each recipe. ByHeart is only the 5th FDA-registered infant formula manufacturer in the US, and the only new infant formula brand to complete its own clinical trial in over 15 years. Our formula is blended in proprietary small batch process in our owned facility in Reading, PA with rigorous quality and safety controls. Parents deserve farm-to-formula accountability. Innovation isn’t easy, but we believe in a better feeding future.
With over $190M in pre-market funding, we take our investors and board members as seriously as we take our formula: they come from a vast landscape of expertise, ranging from life sciences development to consumer media and direct to consumer disruption, and more. We launched our Whole Nutrition Infant Formula in March 2022, and are advancing a pipeline of mom and baby nutrition products & markets to follow.
Please visit our site to learn more, and see some recent press on ByHeart:
NPR's Weekend All Things Considered
White House Roundtable including ByHeart with President Joe Biden
About Our Culture
A committed team is (and always has been) the fuel that propels ByHeart forward. ByHeart is comprised of world-class doctors, seasoned formula experts, dedicated blendmasters, and passionate parents. Above all, we are people who believe in no-compromise nutrition, farm to formula accountability, parent partnership and net positive impact for babies (and their parents!), meaning all families (including those of our own ByHeart team) have the very best health choices – whenever and wherever they need them.
At ByHeart, we say people are our number one priority, but we want our actions to speak louder than our words: we offer a fully comprehensive benefits package to every employee on the team, plus flexibility to achieve personal work-life balance. Join us to empower parents with the very best nutrition choices for baby – from (even before) day one.
Role & Responsibilities
The Senior Director of Manufacturing of Infant Formula is a key leadership position responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of the manufacturing process for infant formula products. This position requires extensive knowledge of the infant formula industry, as well as expertise in manufacturing processes and management.
THIS ROLE IS REMOTE AND WILL REQUIRE TRAVEL.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Director of Manufacturing of Infant Formula may include:
- Overseeing all manufacturing operations related to infant formula production, including raw material sourcing, blending, filling, and packaging.
- Ensuring that all manufacturing processes meet regulatory requirements and quality standards.
- Developing and implementing strategies to optimize production efficiency, reduce costs, and improve product quality.
- Leading and managing a team of manufacturing professionals, including production supervisors, quality control personnel, and maintenance staff.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, including research and development, quality assurance, and supply chain, to ensure smooth and efficient product development and launch.
- Developing and implementing safety protocols to ensure a safe working environment for all employees.
- Managing budgets, forecasting production needs, and ensuring that financial targets are met.
- Staying current with industry trends and developments and implementing best practices in manufacturing processes.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- The ideal candidate for the Senior Director of Manufacturing of Infant Formula should have a bachelor's degree in a related field, such as food science, engineering, or business administration, as well as at least 10 years of experience in the infant formula industry, with a proven track record of success in a senior manufacturing leadership role.
- They should also have excellent communication and leadership skills, be able to manage and motivate a team, and be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Additionally, experience with regulatory agencies such as the FDA, and knowledge of Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma methodologies preferred.
- Lead meetings, and drive ownership of follow-ups.
- Present manufacturing performance to Senior Leadership, and Board of Directors as required.
- Problem solving mindset.
- Ability to lead diverse teams.
The minimum annual salary for this position is $175,000 and the maximum is $200,000. The salary range for performing this role outside of New York City will differ. Additionally, you will be eligible to participate in our company’s equity program, plus our robust medical, dental, vision, retirement, and other benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Something looks off?