Senior Director of Sales & Operations Planning
ByHeart is a fully integrated baby nutrition company dedicated to empowering parents with choice: we want all parents to feel amazing about feeding.
We build each product from the ground up: a team of pediatricians, breast milk researchers and nutrition experts at the forefront of immune, cognitive, digestive and microbiome health inform our next-to-nature approach. We hand-pick the most wholesome ingredients from partners and farms that we consider family. We take pride in what we put in and in what we keep out of each recipe. ByHeart is only the 5th FDA-registered infant formula manufacturer in the US, and the only new infant formula brand to complete its own clinical trial in over 15 years. Our formula is blended in proprietary small batch process in our owned facility in Reading, PA with rigorous quality and safety controls. Parents deserve farm-to-formula accountability. Innovation isn’t easy, but we believe in a better feeding future.
With over $190M in pre-market funding, we take our investors and board members as seriously as we take our formula: they come from a vast landscape of expertise, ranging from life sciences development to consumer media and direct to consumer disruption, and more. We launched our Whole Nutrition Infant Formula in March 2022, and are advancing a pipeline of mom and baby nutrition products & markets to follow.
Please visit our site to learn more, and see some recent press on ByHeart:
NPR's Weekend All Things Considered
White House Roundtable including ByHeart with President Joe Biden
About Our Culture
A committed team is (and always has been) the fuel that propels ByHeart forward. ByHeart is comprised of world-class doctors, seasoned formula experts, dedicated blendmasters, and passionate parents. Above all, we are people who believe in no-compromise nutrition, farm to formula accountability, parent partnership and net positive impact for babies (and their parents!), meaning all families (including those of our own ByHeart team) have the very best health choices – whenever and wherever they need them.
At ByHeart, we say people are our number one priority, but we want our actions to speak louder than our words: we offer a fully comprehensive benefits package to every employee on the team, plus flexibility to achieve personal work-life balance. Join us to empower parents with the very best nutrition choices for baby – from (even before) day one.
The Sr Director of Sales & Operations Planning leads and manages the S&OP process, including developing and executing the S&OP plan, coordinating with cross-functional teams, and ensuring alignment with business goals. The role will work with stakeholders to understand their needs, designing and implementing solutions, working cross-functionally to ensure adherence to the process.
The Sr Director will work across three difference revenue streams: Direct to Consumer (DTC), Traditional Retail and Mass Merch, and Third Party Sales, to consolidate business requirements, ensuring continuity of supply and alignment with overall business strategy.
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Start Date: ASAP
- Lead and manage the S&OP process. This includes developing and executing the S&OP plan, coordinating with cross-functional teams, and ensuring alignment with business goals.
- Develop and maintain the S&OP forecasting process. This includes collecting and analyzing data, developing forecasting models, and communicating forecasts to stakeholders.
- Work with cross-functional teams. This includes working with teams from finance, marketing, sales, and operations to develop and implement S&OP solutions.
- Develop and maintain the S&OP capacity planning process. This includes identifying and assessing capacity constraints, developing capacity plans, and communicating capacity plans to stakeholders.
- Identify and implement process improvements. This includes identifying areas for improvement, developing and implementing improvement plans, and measuring the impact of improvements.
- Coach and develop S&OP team members. This includes providing feedback, training, and development opportunities.
- Communicate S&OP results to stakeholders. This includes creating reports that summarize key findings and presenting those findings to stakeholders in a clear and concise way.
- Analyze data and identify trends. This includes using data from a variety of sources, such as financial statements, market research, and customer feedback, to identify trends that can be used to improve business performance.
- Stay up-to-date on S&OP trends and best practices. This includes reading industry publications, attending conferences, and taking online courses.
- The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong background in S&OP/IBP methodology and would have implemented such processes in previous role.
- Deep understanding of information systems, as well as experience with the latest technologies.
- Think strategically and be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Bachelor's degree in business management, supply chain, operations or a related field
- 12+ years of experience in a leadership role across operations and planning functions
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills. Experience leading and motivating complex teams. Must be able to motivate and inspire their team, creating a culture of collaboration and innovation.
- Deep understanding of business operations, including making informed decisions on improving a company’s efficiency and profitability.
- Cross-functional understanding, including DTC, retail, & 3rd party sales.
- Knowledge of and experience with ERP systems, SAP required, Deacom also preferred.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task, acting as an intermediary between internal and external partners.
- Experience working in a regulated industry / relevant M&A experience preferred.
- Outstanding communication skills, soft interpersonal skills and experience influencing a range of stakeholders.
- Personable, reliable, highly organized, and detail-oriented
- Comfortable to work within a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment.
- Recent proven track record of applying project management tools and techniques.
The minimum annual salary for this position is $175,000 and the maximum is $215,000. The salary range for performing this role outside of New York City will differ. Additionally, you will be eligible to participate in our company’s equity program, plus our robust medical, dental, vision, retirement, and other benefits
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Something looks off?