Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Help build safe work plans that maintain project schedules.
- Ensure guidance systems are maintained and accurate using survey equipment and guidance software such as TACS.
- Helping to design and improve tunneling/construction processes for better efficiencies including logistics, sequences, etc.
- Coordinate job walks for pricing, work, schedules, material deliveries, or inspections with vendors, contractors, and building officials.
- Track and maintain inventories of consumables for tunnel construction.
- Design parts, pieces, and systems to solve issues found in the field using SolidWorks and/or AutoCAD.
- Coordinate and collaborate with mechanical engineering team for improved design.
- Overall quality control of construction practices including grout and pre-cast concrete tunnel liner segments.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reports documenting progress or challenges on any given project.
- Troubleshoot tunnel boring machine issues as they arise.
- Collect soil samples.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or similar field.
- 3+ years of experience in an active construction environment.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Strong teamwork skills with a proven ability to effectively interact and collaborate with other engineering disciplines and field technicians.
- Acute attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Ability to work long hours and weekends as necessary.
- Ability to work outdoors and in confined spaces.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
See more open positions at Boring Company
Something looks off?