Heavy Equipment Inspection Specialist - Phoenix
Boom and Bucket
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 9, 2023
Boom & Bucket
A lot of people say that they're "revolutionizing an industry," 99% of that is marketing fluff. The truth is that most of those revolutionaries are building mediocre SaaS products for underserved markets. It's easy to conflate revolution with evolution when the status quo hasn't moved. That's not us.
Our customers build the world with their heavy machines. Many have been in business for decades. Their businesses built our roads and bridges, subdivisions and stadiums. Our industry is smart, sophisticated, and savvy. They tell us that they're not happy with the way equipment is purchased and sold. So, along with our customers, we're building the Modern Marketplace for Heavy Equipment. Selling a backhoe should be as easy as selling a car, and we’re making that happen.
The three founders have built three unicorns, sold three companies, and have spent most of their lives in construction technology.
Boom and Bucket is building the largest and most trusted marketplace for all things heavy equipment, and one of the most important parts of that trust is fully inspected equipment. We need detail oriented, tech savvy inspectors in our core markets that can effectively schedule and perform equipment inspections. If you know your way around machines and love talking to equipment owners in their yards, we want to talk to you.
1. High quality inspections - We’re building trust into this market, and detailed, thorough inspections build trust with both sellers and buyers. Your inspections should be unbiased and thorough, accurately identifying any mechanical and cosmetic issues the machine may have so that buyers are informed and sellers have the opportunity to fix them.
2. Happy buyers - We aren’t traders, we’re partners to our customers, so we invest in those relationships early and often. Your inspections make our buyers happy, and sometimes you’ll get to meet them when they pick up their machines!
1. Machinery Expertise - You’ve worked in the heavy equipment industry for at least 5 years, preferably as a technician or operator. You can spot seepage, know when a hydraulic cylinder needs replacing, and aren’t happy unless you have to scrape some mud off your boots at the end of the day.
2. Good customer hands - You’ll be interfacing directly with our seller and buyer customers on their yards and jobsites, so you have good interpersonal skills and can represent our company professionally. You’ll also need to go where the machines are, so you’re comfortable driving for several hours each day, climbing on machines, and operating independently in the field without direct supervision.
3. Tech savvy - Boom and Bucket is changing the way machines are bought and sold and you need to be excited about that. Not only can you effectively use scheduling software and try new applications for inspections, you’re also enthusiastic about technology in general and what it can do for the industry. If you want to keep doing business as usual, we’re probably not the place for you.