Wound Care - Peer Support Coach
Better Health Supplies
Peer Support Coach
Better Health is creating a new medical provider type, disrupting the $60B home medical supply industry. How? By bundling peer support, coaching, education, and home delivery of medical supplies in an end-to-end care solution we turn the focus to our members and help them choose the best medical supplies to address their underlying chronic conditions.
Since its inception in November 2019, Better Health has gained Medicare licenses in 46 states, 11 Medicaid licenses, and preferred national provider contracts with Oscar Health, UHealth, Humana. As a result, our member base has rapidly grown rapidly grow month over month with virtually no churn. We are backed by Caffeinated Capital, General Catalyst, 8VC, and Bill Ackman, as well as several prominent healthcare leaders including the CEO and President of eHealth.
As we scale our chronic condition care program for the populations we serve, we are looking to expand our Peer Support Coaching team. Our peer support coaches are 1099-contractors with flexible hours and have lived-experience enabling them to be an empathetic patient resource and advocate, ultimately contributing significantly to the positive clinical health outcomes of our members.
What will you do as Peer Coach within our Peer Support team?
- Conduct peer support coaching calls with Better Health members
- Provide education around basic wound care topics such as
- reinforcing doctor prescribed wound care routines,
- informing around how and when to seek clinical support,
- teaching wound healing optimization: for example how diet and other factors impact wound healing process
- Construct personalized follow up emails and educational tools for members
Sounds exciting? We're looking for YOU, if you:
- Have first hand experience with chronic or recurring wounds conditions
- Are interested in flexible session-based 1099-contracting work
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfort talking on the phone
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize tasks, and work independently within established procedures
- Comfortable with technology (we are a start-up, and use a variety of technology apps including Google Suite and our our software portal)
Bonus points if:
- Knowledge of medical terminology, common products, and evidence-based condition-specific best practices preferred
- Secondary degree (Associates, Bachelors, etc) or at least 3 years professional experience, professional certification required if applicable
Better Health is committed to being an employer that provides not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Here at Better Health, we are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.