Miami, FL, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2024
Founded in 2022 by Joey Levy and Jake Paul, Betr is a leading sports gaming and sports media company focused on enhancing the consumption of sports through entertainment.
Betr's gaming products are differentiated through a unique product experience with a simplified user interface that is catered to the casual sports fan, enabling Betr to capture more of the under-penetrated online gaming addressable market. Betr began with a beta version of its Online Sports Betting (OSB) product, which only offered microbetting markets such as the next play in a football game or the next pitch in a baseball game, before launching its real-money Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) product, Betr Picks, in 24 states. Betr plans on launching its V1 Sportsbook product with full sportsbook capabilities ahead of the 2024 NFL season, as well as its iGaming vertical with the launch of Betr Casino by the end of 2024.
Betr's media division, Betr Media, is the fastest growing sports betting media brand in the United States that has grown to over 2.5 million followers, 2.4 billion impressions, and 127 million engagements across its social channels since publicly launching in August 2022. Betr Media is able to effectively reach and engage its audience at scale given its large social following coupled with its unique combination of in-house media talent and production, with an emphasis on original short-form video content.
Betr is backed by Fuel Venture Capital, Aliya Capital Partners, Roger Ehrenberg/IA Sports Ventures, Florida Funders, 8vc, Anti Fund, 305 Ventures, and many others.
About the Role:
Betr is looking for a Compliance Associate to join the team in our Miami HQ. The Compliance Associate will take responsibility for examining and researching the risk areas across the business and help our team ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, legislation, company policies and best practices. You will deal with stakeholders and regulators, AML, sports betting regulation, and regulatory compliance. The Compliance Associate must have exceptional organizational and prioritization skills along with the ability to manage multiple tasks. You will need to be independent and hands-on in your work, but also capable of working with teams throughout the organization to drive all aspects of compliance awareness as well ensure we create and maintain strong relationships with regulators and our operations teams.
The Compliance Associate will report directly to the Compliance Lead, will work together with the rest of the compliance team and business operations, and will be instrumental in the growth of the organization and our compliance needs. We're looking for team members who are innovators and proactive in what is the foundational principles of our business – compliance and responsible play!
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Own Betr’s Internal Controls documentation; assist in creating controls for new markets; update controls when operational procedures change in each department
- Support regulatory compliance activities including gaming license applications processes, regulatory reporting, examinations, and audits
- Support AML/BSA compliance activities including activity monitoring, regulatory reporting, examinations, and audits
- Conduct client on-boarding processes of all new partners, including due diligence and verification
- Support on key compliance projects, such as entering new jurisdictions
- Monitor and analyze all compliance and fraud reporting to ensure mitigation of risk
- Assist with the monitoring of ﬁnancial reporting for regulators
- Drafting and ﬁling incident reports to regulators
- Perform other related duties as required and keep engaged in department activities
- 3-5 years’ experience in compliance or risk management in a highly regulated environment, preferably gaming or banking and having multi-jurisdictional responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant ﬁeld (preferred)
- Knowledge of compliance requirements and controls (Responsible Gaming, Data Privacy, Fraud, Vendor Know-How, etc.)
- Experience in technical compliance activities
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience in developing, implementing, and maintaining policies and procedures
- Familiarity with licenses and auditing
Betr provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply
Thank you for your interest in Betr. We look forward to reviewing your application.