Senior Product Manager
Who we are
Baton is seeking ambitious individuals who desire the autonomy and agility of a startup environment combined with the backing, power, reach, and stability of a highly respected logistics industry giant.
Baton is the Silicon Valley-based technology innovation lab for Ryder, a leading logistics company that owns 260k trucks and manages $7.4B of freight.
Prior to the September 2022 acquisition, Baton was a venture-backed start-up that operated a fleet of trucks and hung out at truck stops to truly understand the challenges at hand.
The problem we’re solving
Our mission is to eliminate supply chain waste by creating a digital platform that uses AI to improve how freight is planned.
There are 500 million hours wasted in trucking each year, over 3 billion gallons of fuel wasted per year from trucks idling, and 1 in 5 trucks on the road driving empty at any given point. This has a massive impact on the environment, the lives of millions of drivers, and ultimately, the cost of goods that we all pay. Baton is fixing that, and you will too through the impactful work you’ll do here.
Basic Job Details
- Role: Senior Product Manager
- Location: Hayes Valley, San Francisco, CA
- Job type: Full Time (hybrid)
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to help us build the next-generation freight technology platform. As one of the first product managers at Baton, you’d be given the opportunity to make an impact on a growing team and to own numerous mission-critical product initiatives. You’ll collaborate with engineers, designers, operators, customers, and leadership in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment. We’re looking for people who are scrappy, determined, and driven to make complex and inefficient systems work better.
- Lead the entire product process from speccing and design through build and release.
- Interact directly with customers for need-finding and gathering customer feedback.
- Work with eng, sales, ops, account management, marketing, and founders, to execute cross-department projects touching every inch of the organization.
- Manage product roadmap and sprint planning meetings.
- Always keep a mind towards future products and initiatives to help shape our tech vision for 1, 5, and 10 years down the line.
Who You Are
- Experience leading the full product management life cycle
- Experience designing web applications or product-facing applications
- Experience working with cross-functional stakeholders across the organization
- 7+ years experience
- 4+ years experience in product management
- Bachelors degree in CS or engineering
Why You Should Join
- Make Immediate Impact from day one
- With Ryder’s existing customer base of 50,000+ companies and an internal headcount of 43,000 the scale and impact of our products will be large and far reaching.
- Opportunity to grow and lead in a fortune 500 company
- You’ll get to work in a rapidly-growing, startup-like environment, while having the stability, resources, and backing of Ryder and their full executive team.
- Creative, fast paced environment to solve impactful problems in supply chain
- You’re going to design completely new tools for an industry that hasn’t been rethought in decades. In order to achieve this mission, we need builders like you!
Pay and Benefits
The annual US base salary range for this role is $96,000 - $193,000 and may be inclusive of several career levels within Baton.
Additional benefits for this role include:
- Annual bonus and Long Term Incentive Plan participation
- 401k with company match
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Employee stock purchase program (15% discount to market value)
- Hyper stable, publicly traded enterprise
Product, Design, Product Management, Technical Product Management
Why you should join
- Have an immediate impact
- With Ryder’s existing customer base of 50,000+ companies and an internal headcount of 43,000, the scale and impact of our products will be large and far-reaching, from day one.
- Opportunity to grow and lead in a Fortune 500 company
- You’ll get to work in a rapidly growing, startup-like environment while having the stability and backing of Ryder and its full executive team.
- Creative, fast-paced environment to solve impactful problems in supply chain
- We’re going to design completely new tools for an industry that hasn’t been rethought in decades. And to do this, we need people who think differently.