Senior Executive Assistant
Senior Executive Assistant
About the Role: We are seeking a highly organized and proactive Sr. Executive Assistant to provide administrative support to Aviatrix’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in managing calendars, coordinating meetings, handling correspondence, and maintaining the day-to-day operation of the CEO Office at Aviatrix. You will work closely with the Chief of Staff (CoS) to the CEO as well as, be the trusted advisor to the CEO and other Executives. In this role, you will be Sr. Executive Assistant in the Office of the CEO, leading the strategic direction for building out and managing the new Executive Assistant organization. This role will allow the flexibility to work remotely with a strong preference for candidates in Austin, Texas, or Santa Clara, CA.
- Calendar Management: Manage the CEO’s executive calendar, scheduling appointments, meetings, conferences, and travel arrangements
- Travel Management: Coordinating and arranging travel arrangements including flights, accommodation, transportation and itineraries for business trips or conferences
- Prepare Meeting Agendas/Presentations/Briefs: taking minutes, organizing, and coordinating meetings, and following up on action items and decisions made during meetings. May also involve booking meetings rooms, arranging equipment, and providing logistics support. Drafting and preparing business documents, presentations and reports as required
- Project Oriented Tasks: assisting with various project-related tasks, such as research, data analysis, creating project plans, tracking progress, and providing updates to the executive
- Maintaining Organizational Systems: Providing administrative support, which may include managing files, records, and documents, and maintaining organizational systems
- Leadership: you will be the Chief Executive Assistant responsible for the driving the strategic direction for building out from the ground up a new Executive Assistant organization and managing this new Executive team within the Office of the CEO
- Trusted Advisor: Maintaining a high level of confidentiality and handling sensitive information with discretion. Handle incoming and outgoing communications, manage emails, phone calls, mail, and any other correspondence on behalf of the executive
- Collaboration: Building and maintaining positive relationships with clients, stakeholders, and colleagues. Acting as a liaison between the CEO and his Chief of Staff (CoS) and other Executives and key internal and external stakeholders
- 12+ years as an executive assistant supporting C-level Executives in both start-up and enterprise software environments
- 3+ years of management experience by providing guidance to other Executive Assistants
- Strong organizational and time management skills required – must be able to multitask and prioritize appointments and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written communication to communicate with executives, colleagues, clients, and stakeholders
- Technology Savvy: and uses technology to be more productive and efficient in your role
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 and Google Suite required. Good working knowledge of Collaboration Tools, Video Conferences, Scheduling Software, Travel Management Software and AI software (e.g., Fireflies, Grain, Coda.io) etc. are a plus
- Problem-solving skills – must be a proactive problem solver
- Adaptable – ability to embrace unexpected changes, to handle ambiguity and to be flexible
- Attention to Detail; paying close attention to details is require
US PAY RANGE:
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $120,000-$218,000 + benefits + 401(k) match + equity. The pay range is determined by the role, work location, job-related skills, level, experience and relevant education. [Certain roles are eligible to earn sales commission, depending on the terms of the applicable plan.] The range displayed is the minimum and maximum target base salary and is applicable only for new hires for the listed position located in the US. Your Talent Advisor can share more details regarding salary ranges, benefits, and equity for your location during the hiring process.
US: We cover 100% of employee premiums and 88% of dependent(s) premiums for medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) match, short and long-term disability, life/AD&D insurance, $1,000/year education reimbursement, and a flexible vacation policy.
Outside the US: We offer a comprehensive benefits package which, (subject to regional variations) could include pension, private medical for you and dependents, generous holiday allowance, life assurance, long-term disability, annual wellbeing stipend
Your total compensation package will be based on job-related knowledge, education, certifications and location, per our aligned ranges.
Aviatrix, the pioneer of Secure Cloud Networking, optimizes business-critical application availability, performance, security, and cost with multicloud networking software that delivers a simplified and consistent enterprise-grade operational model in and across cloud service providers. Combined with the Aviatrix Certified Engineer (ACE) program, the industry’s first and only multicloud networking certification, innovative enterprises are transforming their business by upgrading their cloud networking with Aviatrix. Learn more at www.aviatrix.com.
WE WANT TO INCLUDE YOU
We embrace the fact that not everyone’s journey took the same route or started at the same place. If your experience doesn’t quite meet the requirements but the opportunity excites you and you believe you could be great, don’t let that hold you back from applying. Tell us what you CAN bring and what makes you special.
Aviatrix is a community where everyone's career can grow and we want to help you achieve your goals and be “your best YOU,” however that looks. If you're seeking an opportunity where you can be excited to start work every morning with enthusiastic people, make a real difference and be part of something amazing then let’s talk. We want to get to know you and how we could grow together.
Aviatrix, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not make hiring decisions based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.