Principal Technical Lead (TL) - Distributed Systems
About The Role
We are searching for a Principal Software Technical Lead (PL) to join Aviatrix’s Network Traffic Engineering team. The team is responsible for developing a distributed control plane software for Aviatrix Secure Cloud Networking platform. As a Principal Software Technical Lead (TL), you will be leading a team of talented collaborative engineers focused on this practice and who are passionate about solving difficult problems.
What You’ll Do
- You will lead the design, development, and maintenance of a significant/complex feature(s) for Aviatrix’s Network Traffic Engineering Service
- Design and develop systems to dynamically route traffic across Aviatrix’s network fabric
- Participate in the entire software lifecycle – design, development, testing and production operations
- Develop key components at scale in Golang
- May lead a team through design, code reviews, implementation, and mentor junior developers on the Network Traffic Engineering Team
- Write and present design proposals and design docs for those solutions
- Proactively identify and drive changes as needed for the product
- Prime technical contact and subject matter expert. Thought leadership and influence diverse stakeholders
- At least 12+ years software experience developing and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems in networking or security environments
- Domain knowledge in networking (e.g., BGP, IP, TCP, UDP, HTTP, DNS; Linux network stack, SDN, network automation)
- Proficiency in Golang (preferred), Python, Java or C/C++
- Experience with Cloud Platforms a plus
- You have prior experience working on distributed systems
- You will have a strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems and distributed systems
- You have experience with production operations and good practices for putting quality code in production and troubleshoot issues when they arise
- Take initiative and be responsible for delivering complex software by working effectively with the team and other stakeholders
- You feel at home communicating technical ideas verbally and in writing (technical proposals, design specs, architecture diagrams and presentations)
US Pay Range
The US annual base salary range for this full-time position is $205,000-$290,000 + benefits + 401(k) match + equity. The pay range is determined by the role, work location, job-related skills, level, experience, and relevant education. [Certain roles are eligible to earn sales commission, depending on the terms of the applicable plan.] The range displayed is the minimum and maximum target base salary and is applicable only for new hires for the listed position located in the US. Your Talent Advisor can share more details regarding salary ranges, benefits, and equity for your location during the hiring process.
Location: This role will allow for remote work flexibility in US or Canada. Must be authorized to work in the US or Canada.
US: We cover 100% of employee premiums and 88% of dependent(s) premiums for medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) match, short and long-term disability, life/AD&D insurance, $1,000/year education reimbursement, and a flexible vacation policy.
Outside the US: We offer a comprehensive benefits package which, (subject to regional variations) could include pension, private medical for you and dependents, generous holiday allowance, life assurance, long-term disability, annual wellbeing stipend
Your total compensation package will be based on job-related knowledge, education, certifications and location, per our aligned ranges.
Aviatrix, the pioneer of Secure Cloud Networking, optimizes business-critical application availability, performance, security, and cost with multicloud networking software that delivers a simplified and consistent enterprise-grade operational model in and across cloud service providers. Combined with the Aviatrix Certified Engineer (ACE) program, the industry’s first and only multicloud networking certification, innovative enterprises are transforming their business by upgrading their cloud networking with Aviatrix. Learn more at www.aviatrix.com.
WE WANT TO INCLUDE YOU
We embrace the fact that not everyone’s journey took the same route or started at the same place. If your experience doesn’t quite meet the requirements but the opportunity excites you and you believe you could be great, don’t let that hold you back from applying. Tell us what you CAN bring and what makes you special.
Aviatrix is a community where everyone's career can grow and we want to help you achieve your goals and be “your best YOU,” however that looks. If you're seeking an opportunity where you can be excited to start work every morning with enthusiastic people, make a real difference and be part of something amazing then let’s talk. We want to get to know you and how we could grow together.
Aviatrix, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not make hiring decisions based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.