Senior Member of Technical Staff - Security Routing
About The Role
We are searching for a Senior Software Engineer to staff Aviatrix Engineering development. Engineering is responsible for developing controller and data plane software for the Aviatrix Multi Cloud Network Architecture platform. This ranges from routing features to security features to traffic engineering features.
What You’ll Do
- Participate with a team in the design process for new features.
- Work with a team to develop and bring features to production including design, development and testing.
- Debug and fix issues in the product. Participate in customer support.
- Participate in the entire software lifecycle – development, testing and production operations.
- At least 2-5 years industry experience in computer science, networking or graduate degree.
- Domain knowledge in networking. (OSI stack, BGP, IP, TCP, UDP, HTTP, DNS; Linux network stack, SDN, network automation)
- Proficiency in Python and Golang, Java or C/C++
- Experience building and maintaining distributed systems.
- Experience with Cloud Platforms a plus
- Network security experience is a plus.
- You have prior experience working with distributed systems.
- You have experience with production operations and good practices for putting quality code in production and troubleshoot issues when they arise
- Take initiative and be responsible for delivering complex software by working effectively with the team and other stakeholders
- You feel at home communicating technical ideas verbally and in writing (technical proposals, design specs, architecture diagrams and presentations)
US: We cover 100% of employee premiums and 88% of dependent(s) premiums for medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) match, short and long-term disability, life/AD&D insurance, $1,000/year education reimbursement, and a flexible vacation policy.
Outside the US: We offer a comprehensive benefits package which, (subject to regional variations) could include pension, private medical for you and dependents, generous holiday allowance, life assurance, long-term disability, annual wellbeing stipend
Your total compensation package will be based on job-related knowledge, education, certifications and location, per our aligned ranges.
Aviatrix, the pioneer of Secure Cloud Networking, optimizes business-critical application availability, performance, security, and cost with multicloud networking software that delivers a simplified and consistent enterprise-grade operational model in and across cloud service providers. Combined with the Aviatrix Certified Engineer (ACE) program, the industry’s first and only multicloud networking certification, innovative enterprises are transforming their business by upgrading their cloud networking with Aviatrix. Learn more at www.aviatrix.com.
WE WANT TO INCLUDE YOU
We embrace the fact that not everyone’s journey took the same route or started at the same place. If your experience doesn’t quite meet the requirements but the opportunity excites you and you believe you could be great, don’t let that hold you back from applying. Tell us what you CAN bring and what makes you special.
Aviatrix is a community where everyone's career can grow and we want to help you achieve your goals and be “your best YOU,” however that looks. If you're seeking an opportunity where you can be excited to start work every morning with enthusiastic people, make a real difference and be part of something amazing then let’s talk. We want to get to know you and how we could grow together.
Aviatrix, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not make hiring decisions based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
CPRA - California Applicant Privacy Notice
Something looks off?