SRE - Principal Engineer/Technical Lead - US/Canada Remote
ABOUT THE ROLE: SRE - Principal Engineer/ Technical Lead (US Remote)
As an SRE- Principal Engineer/Technical Lead, you will work lead a small talented SRE engineering team in a fast-paced, growing startup. You will play a critical role in this endeavor to help us develop key infrastructure enabling development to operate and deliver faster and with high quality. This team is key to the future success of the company and will have high visibility and the tools this team delivers will be key to the future success and growth of the organization.
- Join a small team of SRE Engineer responsible to implement automation, effective monitoring, and infrastructure-as-code
- Define, deploy, maintain, and extend our observability tooling
- Support and work alongside a cross-functional engineering team on the latest technologies, providing capabilities for the technical stacks used at Aviatrix
- Iterate on best practices to increase the quality & velocity of development and deliverables
- Sustain and improve the process of knowledge sharing throughout the engineering team
- Contribute to the On-Call and the incident response on your perimeter
- 10+ years of experience maintaining and deploying highly available, fault-tolerant systems at scale
- Experience in automating and instrument all the parts of the day-to-day activities in both Python and Golang is a must
- Experience with Linux system administration, package management
- Experience and strong skills with Kubernetes
- Experience and strong skills with Terraform (e.g., Terragrunt)
- Practical experience with logging solutions like Syslog, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Filebeat
- Practical experience with metrics solutions like Prometheus, Grafana
- Nice to have cloud service provider experience (AWS, AWS China, GPC, Azure, OCI)
- Version control system experience (particularly Git and GitHub) and code review
- Effective communication skills
US Pay Range
The US annual base salary range for this full-time position is $195,000-$275,000 + benefits + 401(k) match + equity. The pay range is determined by the role, work location, job-related skills, level, experience and relevant education. [Certain roles are eligible to earn sales commission, depending on the terms of the applicable plan.] The range displayed is the minimum and maximum target base salary and is applicable only for new hires for the listed position located in the US. Your Talent Advisor can share more details regarding salary ranges, benefits, and equity for your location during the hiring process.
US: We cover 100% of employee premiums and 88% of dependent(s) premiums for medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) match, short and long-term disability, life/AD&D insurance, $1,000/year education reimbursement, and a flexible vacation policy.
Outside the US: We offer a comprehensive benefits package which, (subject to regional variations) could include pension, private medical for you and dependents, generous holiday allowance, life assurance, long-term disability, annual wellbeing stipend
Your total compensation package will be based on job-related knowledge, education, certifications and location, per our aligned ranges.
Aviatrix, the pioneer of Secure Cloud Networking, optimizes business-critical application availability, performance, security, and cost with multicloud networking software that delivers a simplified and consistent enterprise-grade operational model in and across cloud service providers. Combined with the Aviatrix Certified Engineer (ACE) program, the industry’s first and only multicloud networking certification, innovative enterprises are transforming their business by upgrading their cloud networking with Aviatrix. Learn more at www.aviatrix.com.
WE WANT TO INCLUDE YOU
We embrace the fact that not everyone’s journey took the same route or started at the same place. If your experience doesn’t quite meet the requirements but the opportunity excites you and you believe you could be great, don’t let that hold you back from applying. Tell us what you CAN bring and what makes you special.
Aviatrix is a community where everyone's career can grow and we want to help you achieve your goals and be “your best YOU,” however that looks. If you're seeking an opportunity where you can be excited to start work every morning with enthusiastic people, make a real difference and be part of something amazing then let’s talk. We want to get to know you and how we could grow together.
Aviatrix, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not make hiring decisions based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.