Location: Hybrid, South San Francisco
At Atomic AI, we blend artificial intelligence with structural biology, pioneering new frontiers in biotech. Our groundbreaking R&D platform, featured on the cover of Science (doi.org/10.1126/science.abe5650), revolutionizes the design of molecules and medicines. We focus on creating strategies to treat or cure diseases previously considered untreatable by targeting RNA structure. As an interdisciplinary team combining computational and experimental biology, we firmly believe that our people are our greatest strength and the key to our success.
In the role of Engineering Lead at Atomic AI, you will be at the forefront of setting and executing engineering priorities, while also contributing significantly to our technical endeavors. Collaborating closely with the leaders of our ML and Drug Discovery Teams, you will craft and implement a forward-looking multi-year vision for our company’s infrastructure. Your role is pivotal in guiding the technical growth of our team, with your contributions not just in leadership but also in SW development, MLOps, and hands-on coding. You will interact with a diverse array of teams and leaders, including our dynamic ML, Drug Discovery and Biotech groups, ensuring a seamless integration of engineering and scientific objectives.
- Lead, mentor, and manage a team of engineers to cultivate a culture of innovation and excellence.
- Direct involvement in the software engineering process, focusing on creating robust and scalable solutions.
- Manage Kubernetes clusters to ensure high availability and performance.
- Design and oversee the implementation of end-to-end data architecture, tailored for high-performance machine learning applications.
- Oversee our networking infrastructure, vital for supporting our machine learning applications.
- Collaborate extensively with cross-functional teams to ensure engineering goals are in harmony with our broader business objectives.
- Effectively prioritize and allocate resources to adhere to project deadlines while maintaining high-quality standards.
- Skilled in working with and debugging complex systems.
- In-depth knowledge of current trends and best practices in data architecture and MLOps.
- Proficient in DevOps, with substantial experience in Kubernetes, cluster management and troubleshooting.
- Deep understanding of networking principles and experience in managing intricate network infrastructures.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities and a commitment to time-sensitive results.
- Exceptional leadership qualities, team management, and mentoring skills.
- Familiarity with On-Premise Hardware, Infrastructure as Code, Bazel, PostgreSQL, and React.
Salary Range: $200,000/year to $250,000/year + equity + benefits
Atomic AI is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, disability, or veteran status.