Material Flow Engineer
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
As an Material Flow Engineer, you will provide technical assistance in the areas of material selection, experimental techniques, manufacturing processes, material properties, and government regulations.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Interface with Manufacturing Engineering while also engineering the material handling/flow equipment and facilities aligned with manufacturing strategy and timing.
- Ensure cross functional (Plant Production, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Material Handling) aligned assumptions, layouts, and timing for kitting applications.
- Lead implementation of Material Flow Strategy (fork free, kitting, floor space optimization, and MSC third party cost minimization) implementation for assigned plants/programs.
- Track and manage manufacturing VMI support for consumables (MSC) bid packs, scope changes, funding, cost reduction initiatives, and forecasts.
- Responsible for delivering kitting solutions to material flow challenges including containerization, kit cell layout, kit flow plan, kit delivery, and IT requirements.
- Present kitting concepts and designs to internal customers and executive audiences to persuasively explain need, innovation, and business case.
- Manages product flow from stock, to quality inspection, with delivery to the shipping department.
- Lead Material Flow Engineering (MFE) planning, design, and support implementation for assigned plant / programs.
- Ensure timely delivery of all material handling (MH) equipment to support program scheduling including forecasting costs, developing equipment specifications, and procuring the equipment.
- Track and manage Material Flow Equipment capex budgets including funds available, committed, and spent.
- Manage new project planning data bases such as PFEP (plan for every part) including interface with packaging approval process.
- Interface with facility personnel to ensure accurate material line layouts and equipment needs to support Lean production.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR MATERIAL FLOW ENGINEER.
- Engineer optimal material flow, material handling equipment, and facilities for new programs
- Flawless launch of material handling equipment and facilities for new model programs
- Lead plant specific Material Support statements of work and launch of new facilities.
- Lead purchasing initiatives for Material Flow hardware and integrated systems.
- Develop kit cell to lineside material flow including racks, light conveyors, carts.
- Report concepts and costs to Leadership and production teams.
- Lead and motivate the team in accordance with the vision of development of Material flow strategies
- Provide technical support through planning, development, and implementation for the strategic elements of:
- Right sizing of material storage media
- Establishing efficient material storage, picking and delivery methods
- Selecting optimal delivery frequency and size to maximize material delivery efficiency and manufacturing productivity.
- Developing appropriate productivity measurements for material movement.
- Evaluates current logistics flow through the facility.
- Establishes and monitors line side inventory levels and presentation.
- Plans material replenishment strategies to support variable build levels and inventory accuracy while minimizing material handling costs.
- Establishes and creates triggers based on raw material or complete goods replenishment cycles and lead times.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Packaging, and Supply Chain Management
- Motivated to plan aggressively, accept challenges, take responsibility for assignments, and deliver objectives on time.
- Proficiency in building and running material flow and discrete-event simulation models in the 2D and 3D space, in particular using Siemens “PlantSim”.
- Experience in mining, collecting, cleansing, and analyzing data from enterprise shop floor execution systems such as WMS or MES
- Knowledge of integrated, enterprise software and database systems that support the overall Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) - NetSuite, Teamcenter
- Strong leadership skills - especially in areas of teamwork, drive for results, and business acumen
- Experience with engineering and launching material handling facilities and equipment.
- Knowledge of production control operations, procedure, and systems including, but not limited to, Microsoft office applications.
- Ability to implement, sustain, and improve material flow processes, packaging, and develop strategies.
- Solid understanding of Lean Manufacturing/JIT principles, both in theory and practical experiences application.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!