Engineering Process Design Manager
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril Industries is seeking an experienced business process architect to join our Product Systems Team. You will be integral to defining Anduril’s configurational management and digital engineering business process as Anduril scales meet the defense challenges of our time. You will work closely with Anduril’s system engineering, design engineering, manufacturing engineering and sources to define critical engineering and manufacturing business processes, and then implement those processes across Anduril’s suite of digital engineering tools.
Anduril is growing rapidly and competing to embedded model-based engineering into its product development processes. To achieve this goal, Anduril requires business process architect to define the integration points and data flows between the various design, simulation, testing and validation, manufacturing, and sustainment tools to enable Anduril to innovate and deliver highly complex programs to schedule, quality and cost.
- Be a partner to Anduril’s engineering teams to:
- Gather requirements and user stories for critical digital engineering tools.
- Map out and define critical business process across release, change management in respective design tools.
- Define KPIs to measure effectiveness and accuracy of business processes and automation.
- Provide coaching and training on Anduril’s digital engineering tools.
- Support program configuration managers in maintain and auditing the accuracy and currency of critical product definition data sources (Engineering BOM, Manufacturing BOM, Service BOM, Bill of Process, etc.)
- Channel user feedback into continuous improvements initiatives that can improve the accuracy and effectiveness of Anduril’s configuration management processes and standards.
- Be an architecture in defining Anduril’s digital thread by.
- Translating requirements, user stories and business processes into intuitive and effecitivy workflows in Anduril’s digital engineering tool suite (Teamcenter, Teamcenter Requirements, Teamcenter QMS, EasyPlan, PlantSim etc.)
- Build an end-to-end digital thread from that maintains an accurate product definition, system by system, from the definition of requirements to the as maintained record.
- Defining requirements and users stories to define the next level of integration between Anduril’s PLM, CRM, ERP and MES environments.
- Documenting Anduril’s configuration management standards and processes into standards-documents, training materials, how-to guides etc.
- Maintaining a single source of truth for Anduril configuration management documents, practices guidance etc.
- Define a new standard for change management accuracy and efficiency by working with Anduril’s artificial intelligence teams to integrate Anduril’s AI tools and solutions into the change management process, including:
- Building co-pilot tools to help engineers populate accuracy and complete Change Requests.
- Build tools that can fuse data from multiple different data and recommend inventory disposition and change effectivity solutions.
- Creating AI-bots that can track and follow-up on the execution of engineering change notices and then confirm their closure.
- Automate the audit of the as-built records against the MBOM.
- 5+ years of proven direct product configuration management experience (Product structure, parts, drawings and requirements management).
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience working in a high rigor environment (aerospace, automotive, security systems, medical devices, nuclear, etc.).
- Experience with translating business process into automated workflows in Teamcenter, Teamcenter Requirements, Teamcenter Quality, EasyPlan, and PlantSim.
- Deep experiences with configuration management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of engineering business processes (release, change management etc.) and experience of process re-engineering.
- Strong problem-solving abilities with an inclination for data-driven decision-making
- Possess high attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in particular have an ability to synthesize complex quantitative data in clear decision statements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience of defining part and BOM effectivity in ERPs (SAP, NetSuite)
- BA/BS in an engineering discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Nuclear, Manufacturing etc.)
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to our inclusive culture.
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Proven experience in aerospace industry
- Proficient in technical writing of processes and procedures
- Database skills with SQL, queries, etc. Preferred
- Certification in CM2 or equivalent configuration management certification.
- Security clearance (S, TS)
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to build a diverse team that values collaboration, integrity, innovation, and high performance.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!