Perception Engineer - Image Processing
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Anduril Imaging team develops state-of-the-art imaging systems, deployed to tackle the most significant security challenges of America and its allies. Our hemispherical infra-red system, WISP, is deployed for detection and tracking of objects in the air, on land and on the sea. We are also in process of developing new imaging sensors based off our core focal plane technology.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Perception Engineer with a focus in image processing, you will be responsible for developing software that extracts relevant and timely information from sensors with advanced imaging capabilities. You will work directly with the software team at Anduril Imaging to rapidly get that relevant information to users. The ideal candidate will be passionate about computer vision, image processing, and artificial intelligence and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field.
- Design perception algorithms for challenging real-world applications, and implement them in robust, efficient, and well-tested C++ code
- Integrate both novel and well-established image processing, feature extraction, detection, and classification techniques on streaming imagery
- Collaborate closely with other experts on the team, including perception, tracking & estimation, and systems engineers, to deliver cutting-edge, integrated imaging systems
- Strong technical background. BS, MS or PhD with 2+ years of academic or industry experience in designing and implementing perception algorithms
- Experience in C++ and strong problem-solving skills. Prior experience with machine learning frameworks or hardware acceleration is a strong plus
- A team player. You take ownership and work with the team to deliver exceptional results. You are interested in the performance of the entire system across engineering disciplines
- Ability to build and iterate quickly. You enjoy working fast and smart, and you are comfortable in the earlier stages of developing an algorithm from scratch
- Hands on. You like working with real-time computer vision systems at all stages, including design, development, testing, optimization, and deployment
- Great communicator. You have experience writing clear, concise, and detailed documentation
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. TS clearance
- Top tier Platinum coverage for medical, dental, vision, and life
- Flexible paid time off vacation policy
- Free food options including breakfast, lunch, coffee and beverage options, snacks, and more
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Family planning support - fertility planning and treatment, adoption support, gestational carrier support and fertility preservation are all included
- Free mental health resources including therapy, life coaching, and more
- An annual stipend to use for continuing education courses, programs, conferences, or certification tests
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!