Software Engineer, Web Infrastructure
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril’s Web Infrastructure team owns the developer experience for front-end engineers at Anduril. That includes all the workflows from initial setup, local development, build, and automated testing through to release. We also own the observability frameworks in our web applications for logging, metrics, and error tracking. Our charter is to increase development velocity at Anduril, and to provide engineers the tools and infrastructure to build high-quality web applications. As an early member of this team, you will have a large impact on how Anduril builds and ships web software.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design, build, test, deploy, and maintain tooling that helps Anduril increase engineering velocity and product quality
- Proactively identify pain points and opportunities to improve our dev experience and infrastructure
- Work across the stack (front-end, back-end, build, CI/CD) to get things done
- Support and mentor fellow engineers on engineering best practices, and on how to best use our tools
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent industry experience
- Familiarity with algorithms, data structures, cloud infrastructure, Linux systems, version control systems, automated testing, and other technical tools
- High empathy for your fellow engineers (our customers)
- Minimum 5 years of software engineering experience
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Have a bias for action and taking ownership. You have a track record of solving a problem if you see one.
- Experience maintaining continuous integration systems (we use CircleCI)
- Experience or interest working in monorepos with modern build systems like Bazel, Buck, Nx, etc. (we use Bazel)
- Experience or interest working in Go
- Experience with gRPC/protobuf or similar technologies
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!