Raleigh, NC, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril designs and builds aircraft, aircraft systems, and aerospace structures for the Defense, Space, and other aerospace-related industries. We are seeking candidates for a Composite Technician to collaborate with the design and integration teams developing an unmanned turbofan-powered tactical aircraft at our Morrisville, NC location.
What You’ll Do
· Cut, lay-up, fabricate, cure and assemble various types of composite products and assemblies, including bonded and mechanically fastened assemblies.
· Exercise a basic knowledge of the physical properties of materials such as, but not limited to thermosets, thermoplastics and composites and their forming and processing characteristics, and of the physical and bonding characteristics of materials and adhesives used.
· When fitting up assemblies, has ability to locate to all critical reference points and assures coordination of parts and subassemblies to exacting tolerances when required in building assemblies and in incorporating design or modification changes.
· Builds laminated assemblies by determining proper placement, and laying up composite plies and adhesives onto tools or molds.
· Prepares parts for bagging, including placement of bleeders, thermocouples, probes and vacuum connections, checks seals on completed bagged parts for leaks.
· Sets up assemblies and parts in various types of processing and curing equipment such as an autoclave or oven in order to obtain desired set and cure.
· Operates oven controls to obtain and maintain proper temperature, pressure and time cycle in accordance with engineering materials process specifications.
· Corrects defects as required.
· Perform other related work as required.
-U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data.
-Ability to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance
-High School graduate or equivalent
-1-3 years of Composite Fabrication or equivalent experience
-Experience collaborating cross functionally
-Polished communication and presentation skills
-A bias towards action
-Excellent customer service skills
-Ability to prioritize tasks efficiently
· Ability to work at a fast pace, medium to heavy duty assembly, technical environment
· Fit enough to deal with regular stair climbing, frequent bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, turning, and standing for extended periods
· Capable of lifting at least 40 pounds and withstand frequent repetitive movement of hands with a variety of tooling
-Platinum Benefits: We offer top tier platinum coverage (medical, dental, vision, life) and cover 100 percent of the premiums for you and your dependents.
-16 Weeks paid parental leave for all caregivers
F-amily planning: We’re proud to offer comprehensive family planning support. Fertility planning and treatment, adoption support, gestational carrier support and fertility preservation are all included.
-Unlimited Provisions: From breakfast to dinner, our kitchen team has you covered with healthy meals and snacks at every office.
-Unlimited and Incentivized Time Off
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!