Director of Workplace Strategy (Southeast)
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
If you’re looking for a predictable corporate job where you do the same thing every day, look elsewhere. But if you’re a passionate self-starter with a ton of ideas who wants to help build the future of how personnel are treated at a fast-growing technology company, you’re in the right place!
We're looking for an amazing individual to be our Director of Workplace Strategy and Facilities as part of our internal operations team. We want you to devise, execute, and oversee a compelling strategy for our workplaces in the Southeast, and to help boost engagement for all our employees. In short, help to create amazing employee experiences. In this role, you'll be overseeing the office manager’s along with the facilities personnel in the Southeast. This role will coordinate workplace experience strategy which includes an analysis of current office space, desired future working environment and implementation plan of all Anduril offices on the East coast to create an efficient and inspiring work environment that improves business performance and optimizes staff productivity. In addition, this role will coordinate facilities management and be responsible for a regional team of office managers and facilities functions.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Hire, train and supervise Office Managers and staff in the Southeast.
- Build consistency across all office operations functions. Programming, onboarding, event support, etc. should be consistent and auditing of these offices should happen regularly.
- Conduct an analysis of current state, future needs and facilitate agreement on design, investments and implementation plan to senior management. This would be aligned with business unit leaders on all matters related to long-term space planning and workplace strategies.
- Create standards on how we leverage technology systems to inform decision making for each office like work orders, building management systems, expense systems that map to our operating budget.
- Build a preventative maintenance program leveraging tech.
- Plan for procurement of office equipment, supplies and services.
- Liaise with building personnel for repair and maintenance of HVAC, plumbing, electrical and other services that are the landlord's responsibility.
- Manage and develop vendor selection guidelines, manage vendor service contracts, periodic and ongoing performance & financial reviews, conduct RFPs, and monitor the performance of the team, including service providers.
- Provide monthly reports to senior management on the performance of critical systems and processes.
- Engage with vendors and contractors in the coordination of remodeling and refurbishment initiatives of new or current office space to meet Anduril requirements.
- Develop and execute change management road map to support renovations, moves and other projects to ensure successful implementation.
- Responsible for ensuring facilities are kept in excellent condition and align with all policies.
- This role will require travel to our office locations around the region.
Here's Who You Are:
- You have 8+ years of managing workplace experience and/or program management leveraging related data to create the workplace.
- You’ve owned broad communications and engaged stakeholders across the business, corporate real estate, design, architecture, and workplace strategy.
- You love solving complex, ambiguous, cross-functional problems in a people-centric way.
- You have experience managing internal teams as well as vendors and contractors.
- You’re both high ownership and low ego, approaching everything with strong outcome orientation and high humility.
- You’re tactical and don’t only sit at a 30,000 foot level.
- You have varied experience in an operating role at a high-growth technology company.
- You’re data-driven and have the ability to break down and solve problems through quantitative thinking and analysis.
- You should have a proven track record in documentation of processes, agreements, purchasing.
- You have strong analytical, communication and project management skills.
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!