RF Engineer - Antenna
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Modeling, simulation, analysis, design, test, and optimization of antenna elements, arrays, and systems.
- Assist with RF antenna system and/or subsystem requirement development and feasibility studies.
- Perform trade studies and design antenna elements, arrays, and feed structures (active and passive).
- Develop antenna array calibration methods, algorithms, and built in test.
- Guide RF integration and test engineers on antenna measurement techniques and best practices.
- Antenna bring up, test, and optimization.
- Develop circuit verification test plans and assist with testing.
- Assist with antenna integration and optimization on small platforms.
- B.S. Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years experience
- Expertise with antenna element and feed structure design, modeling, simulation, optimization, layout, fabrication, and test.
- Experience with active electronically scanned array antenna designs including array geometry / lattice selection considering requirements like sidelobe level, scan range, and instantaneous bandwidth.
- Expertise with 3D electromagnetic modeling and simulation using tools like Ansys HFSS, CST, and Feko.
- Significant experience and expertise with test equipment like vector network analyzers (VNAs) and antenna measurement systems / methods like far field, compact, and near field measurement ranges.
- Experience working closely with mechanical and PCB layout engineers to ensure designs are manufacturable and meet requirements while striving for first pass design success.
- Experience with radome design, impacts on antenna performance, and working closely with radome suppliers.
- Experience with antenna array manufacturing test and calibration methods.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Secret security clearance
- Familiar with wideband antenna element and array techniques
- Familiar with active phased array
- Familiar with far field pattern synthesis concepts and methods.
- Experience with PCB design / layout.
- Experience with RF requirement development and feasibility analyses.
- Familiar with programming languages like Python for analysis and test automation.
- Familiar with embedded Linux.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!