Process Safety Management Specialist
McHenry, MS, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing the best technology talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in electromechanical hardware, artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of our defense force customers. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
Anduril is looking for an experienced Process Safety Management (PSM) Specialist to support the development and implementation of EHS and PSM efforts. This role will ensure the facility and employees are compliant with OSHA’s Process Safety Management Standard.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Assist in implementing PSM programs and ensure regulatory requirements are met
- Provide direction to employees and assist the facility in developing, implementing, auditing, and sustaining plant specific policies, programs, and procedures.
- Monitor and assist in training on operating procedures, including annual review/certifications and initial/refresher training.
- Maintain working knowledge of all PSM elements and applicable state and federal rules and regulations.
- Conduct audits and inspections of site performance activities
- Assist in change management, pre-startup safety review, hazard analysis, and incident investigation activities.
- Provide technical direction related to required mechanical integrity elements.
- Coordinate data retrieval, compilation, and reporting for the facility’s process safety key performance indicator metrics.
- Conduct routine employee engagement meetings.
- Conduct quarterly emergency response drills and maintain emergency action and spill prevention plan.
- Provide support during OSHA and EPA audits of the PSM and RMP programs.
- Conduct training and safety performance field assessments
- Analyze incident trends and use risk assessment methods to identify improvement opportunities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- 2+ years of experience working at a PSM/RMP regulated facility
- Demonstrated ability in conducting audits and inspections of all aspects of EHS
- Knowledge or PSM standard
- Experience with hazard identification and communication and incident investigations
- Experience using Microsoft applications
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data.
- Bachelor’s degree in EHS or science discipline
- Experience working at a PSM/RMP regulated facility
- Experience with EPA, OSHA, DEQ, and ISO 14001 and/or 45001
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!