Head of Operations, Australia
Posted on Monday, August 14, 2023
Anduril is a defence technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defence sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in robotics, autonomy, software, mechanical and electrical engineering to create technology solutions that radically evolve the defence capability of Australia and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, we want you to join Anduril Australia and help us build the future of defence capability.
Over the past 12 months, Anduril Australia has grown from strength to strength and amassed an amazing team of 50+. We have been building a state-of-the-art R&D and Manufacturing facility and are seeking an Operations Leader to help shape our teams across Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Quality, Warehousing and Logistics.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead Anduril Australia’s operational strategy, helping to build a cohesive plan that brings together disciplines such as Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Quality and Production Engineering.
- Hire, Develop and Grow the Operations functions, which including forecasting resource needs, performance management, training, and budgeting.
- Lead execution of integrated Operations activities and be accountable for meeting overall technical, schedule, quality and financial targets
- Develop and deploy cross-functional best practice knowledge-sharing to drive continuous improvement, supply chain and manufacturing modernization.
- Lead and oversee production system setup, streamline production process, and ensure the productivity and quality standards meet or exceed expectations.
- Oversee the development of a sustainable Supply Chain strategy to scale the Australian business substantially in the coming years.
- Oversea the development and implementation of lean manufacturing processes, as well as Design for Manufacture engineering solutions.
- Drive the team to perform with efficiency, cost-effective, resources, system development objectives.
- Be the champion of safety across all Operations activities.
- Significant experience in Operations or Program Management having led multi-functional teams with a prior Engineering or technical background.
- Be an experienced leader with the depth and breadth of leadership capability who enables and empowers their people.
- Be able to communicate, influence and negotiate effectively within a Global, matrixed, organisation and at all levels within the business.
- Be able to think strategically and plan long term but also to be in the detail, act tactically when required and to simplify the complex. Strong bias to action and an affective decision maker who is able to operate in a fast paced environment.
- Be personally resilient and self-starting; ability to build from the ground up in a highly dynamic and innovative environment.
- Be highly collaborative with the ability to work with both internal and external stakeholders, challenging constructively where necessary.
- A genuine interest in Operations and thirst for driving improvements.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Government Security Clearance
- Program Management, Supply Chain (MPM, SPM, SCM) or other related industry certifications (PMP, CPSM, CSCP, etc.)
- Defense industry experience (although if you don't have it - don't worry!)
- Experience with Production workflow management
- Experience in a volume production environment
- Experience with NetSuite or other ERP systems
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!