Production Engineer, Counter-UAS
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 5, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHY WE'RE HERE
We build robots that find other robots and knock them out of the sky. At a time when air superiority can no longer be taken for granted, the Counter Unmanned Aerial Systems (CUAS) team provides mission critical capabilities to warfighters. From detection to tracking, identification, deterrence, and defeat, our family of networked sensors and effectors enables our customers to rapidly close the kill chain against a broad range of UAS threats. Working across product, engineering, sales, logistics, operations, and mission success, the CUAS team develops, tests, deploys, and sustains the Anduril CUAS Family of Systems (FoS) in challenging operational environments worldwide.
The CUAS Production Engineer role will be responsible for maintaining the software and configurations of the entire deployed fleet of the CUAS family of systems across high-side, low-side, and test platforms and assets.
They will partner closely with the CUAS Mission Success, Mission Software Engineering, Technical Operations, and Mission Operations teams to ensure the technical success of our deployments. Their unique role among this team will be to build and maintain tooling to help us understand asset configuration across the various layers. They will be a champion for increasing observability into the state of the system, and be the primary owner of the configurations for a software and runtime configuration layer. This means maintaining a single source of truth that is accessible and useable by partner teams.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- The CUAS Production Engineer role will be responsible for maintaining the software and configurations of the entire deployed fleet of the CUAS family of systems across high-side, low-side, and test platforms and assets.
- They will build and maintain tooling to help us understand asset configuration across the various layers.
- They will be a champion for increasing observability into the state of the system, and be the primary owner of the configurations for a software and runtime configuration layer. This means maintaining a single source of truth that is accessible and useable by partner teams.
- This person will also work closely with MSE to execute the deployment vision to increase our platform capabilities high-side.
- Strong engineering background from industry or school, ideally in areas/fields such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics.
- Experience programming in one or more of the following languages: C/C++, Java, Python, Go
- Eperience in UNIX/Linux and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Experience maintaining production systems at scale
- Has been a part of both implementation and sustainment of deployment and delivery infrastructure
- Experience remotely debugging issues with the physical layer of electromechanical systems, especially related to device networking
- Experience with monitoring and observability tools such as Datadog and Grafana
- Must hold a U.S. Secret Clearance
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!