Senior Mission Systems Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, July 19, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril’s Electronic Warfare (EW) team is seeking an experienced Sr Mission Systems Engineer to build out the software ecosystem supporting a next-generation electronic warfare platform. As a Sr Mission Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for the effective integration of EW system functionality with Anduril’s system-of-systems software architecture, as well as third party systems. You will define and implement software interfaces at all levels of the software stack, from maximum-performance interfaces with next-gen RF hardware, to command and control interfaces that bring cutting-edge EW capabilities to user interfaces. You will develop simulators and testing infrastructure to allow capability development and interface development to proceed asynchronously integrate seamlessly. You will apply state-of-the-art software construction techniques to ensure the timely delivery of correct mission-critical code.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Own the software solutions that are deployed to customers
- Write code to improve products and scale the mission capability to more customers
- Collaborate across multiple teams to plan, build, and test complex functionality
- Create and analyze metrics that are leveraged for debugging and monitoring
- Triage issues, root cause failures, and coordinate next-steps
- Partner with end-users to turn needs into features while balancing user experience with engineering constraints
- Travel up to 30% of time to build, test, and deploy capabilities in the real world
- Strong engineering background in areas/fields such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics.
- Experience (professional or in the setting of an open source community) working with typed functional programming languages (Haskell, Scala, F#, OCaml, Rust, etc.)
- Ability to quickly understand and navigate complex systems and established code bases
- Demonstrated leadership experience & ability to operate with a high degree of autonomy
- Clear communication and organizational skills including documentation and training material
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Experience with Linux kernel module development
- Build tooling: Nix/Cabal
- Deployment tooling: NixOS
- Experience developing and maintaining cross-platform interfaces that cross language boundaries
- Small Project Wrangling = Large Project Impact - Our MSEs are the voice of our business line(s). They are the forcing function that gets us to think about how a project will transition to production and tie in to the centralized functions across the business.
- Platinum Benefits: We offer top tier platinum coverage (medical, dental, vision, life) and cover 100 percent of the premiums for you and your dependents.
- 16 Weeks paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Family planning: We’re proud to offer comprehensive family planning support. Fertility planning and treatment, adoption support, gestational carrier support and fertility preservation are all included.
- Unlimited Provisions: From breakfast to dinner, our kitchen team has you covered with healthy meals and snacks at every office.
- Commuter benefits
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited and Incentivized Time Off
$132,000 - $240,000 a year
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!