Sr Cost Accountant
Accounting & Finance
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
As a Sr. Cost Accountant, you will own the inputs to the cost data that informs operational decision making at Anduril. In this role, you will work with teams from across the business to understand and build effective cost models. Your work will vary from quick-turn ad hoc analysis, journal entry and recon preparation, to detailed cost models – all in the pursuit of helping grow the understanding and measurement of cost at Anduril.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Perform standard Month-end close Procedures (post JE’s, reconcile accounts, etc)
- Cost new parts, and assist daily business to ensure roadblocks are minimized
- Analyze variances against those costs and help drive the organization to find efficiencies in processes
- Work with business partners to drive better inputs for material cost
- Assist with weekly/yearly inventory counts
- 1+ years of experience in Cost Accounting,3+ years of professional experience
- You aren’t scared of detailed work, but can easily translate details to managers
- You enjoy influencing and pushing the business forward and can handle quick iterations
- You take great pride in your work and can work with some ambiguity
- Collaboration within the Cost Accounting org and with other teams (Supply Chain, Operations, Manufacturing, etc) excites you.
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?