Cloud Security Engineer
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril's Information Security team is looking for a security engineer to focus on building world class defensive controls to protect the infrastructure around our advanced defense technology products. This is a role with wide berth that will have the latitude to design and implement cutting edge security architecture.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Architects and implements defensive security controls for cloud, production, and corporate environments
- Instruments and deploys identity management, device trust, and operating system hardening controls
- Monitors for and remediates security weaknesses and baseline regressions across cloud infrastructure
- Coordinates with infrastructure, application, and product teams to secure environments holding critical data.
- Experience with modern adversary tradecraft and mitigating controls
- Experience developing and implementing defensive controls around Windows, MacOS, Linux and SaaS applications
- Experience architecting identity management or device trust mechanisms
- Experience with AWS or Azure security ecosystem and tooling
- Programming ability in one or more general purpose languages (Python, Go, C++, etc)
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.
- Familiarity with Zero Trust / BeyondCorp principles
- Experience conducting security architecture or design reviews around custom business applications
- Experience with hardening and monitoring Kubernetes clusters
- Have participated in or supported incident response events
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?