Systems Engineer - Active Clearance
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
We are working on cutting edge complex systems that must deliver critical capability on accelerated timelines to support our development and deployments tasks we are building a strong Systems Engineering team Model Based Systems Engineering team to guide Digital Engineering strategy and complement our Modeling and Simulation, Product Engineering, and Business Development teams. This new team will provide rigorous Model Based System Engineering artifacts which will be used in support of product development, delivery, and sustainment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will work closely with program chief and sub-system lead engineers to guide the system development process from concept, development, production and fielding.
- You will develop artifacts based on program needs and work closely with functional areas to ensure work products are complete and accurate.
- Collaborate with stakeholders including internal reviews and external customer engagements to shape concepts of operations and functional requirements
- Translates customer requirements, constraints, and operational expectations into product designs.
- Develop system architecture definition and decomposition. Lead team through program milestone reviews.
- Perform multi-discipline requirements definition, develop functional/physical block diagrams and define interface requirements. Analyze vertical/horizontal requirements traceability.
- Performs trade studies and evaluates alternatives.
- Conducts technical risk and opportunity analysis and develops mitigation and capture plans.
- Participate in the development of our Digital and Systems Engineering Strategy and Implementation.
- Develop a deep understanding of transformational value of Anduril platforms, autonomy, simulation, and perception products through the creation and maintenance of systems engineering artifacts.
- B.S. in aerospace, mechanical, computer science or similar engineering or technical field.
- 4+ years Systems Engineering Experience across system development life cycle.
- Experience with Systems Engineering, Requirements Elicitation and Management, Integration, and Test Activities on complex systems (e.g. DoD Weapon Systems, Space Systems, UAS, aircraft).
- Experience with SysML, DoDAF, UAFP, or similar.
- Experience developing various model based system engineering artifacts - Operational Viewpoints, System Viewpoints, activity diagrams, use case diagrams, BDDs, IBDs, parametric diagrams.
- Experience with Cameo MagicDraw or similar systems engineering software.
- Experience with Digital Engineering workflows and Integrated Modeling Environments
- Outstanding communication skills to include presentation of developed artifacts.
- Must hold an Active Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Experience with unmanned or manned aircraft development programs
- Proficiency with Mathworks products (MATLAB, SIMULINK etc.)
- INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional (SEP) Certification
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?