Scientist, Data Science - Drug Discovery and Cellular Modeling
To restore cell health and resilience through cellular rejuvenation programming to reverse disease, injury, and the disabilities that can occur throughout life.
For more information, see our website at altoslabs.com.
Our Single Altos Value: Everyone Owns Achieving Our Inspiring Mission.
Diversity at Altos
We believe that diverse perspectives are foundational to scientific innovation and inquiry.
We are building a company where exceptional scientists and industry leaders from around the world work side by side to advance a shared mission.
Our intentional focus is on Belonging, so that all employees know that they are valued for their unique perspectives.
At Altos, we are all accountable for sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment.
Who will you be joining
Team DeCaF - Data Science, Computation and Framework:
Team DeCaF is a highly interdisciplinary group of computational and data scientists with expertise spanning biology, mechanical engineering, bio-physics, and computer science. We thrive on exploring innovative approaches by integrating ideas from various fields to model, explain, and address questions related to aging. As a part of the SI3 computation hub, we not only contribute to basic research but also engage with multiple teams, both wet lab and computational, to assist in answering their inquiries.
If you are a passionate and driven individual with a background in machine learning, computational biology, and drug discovery, we invite you to apply and be a key contributor to our dynamic and collaborative research environment.
What You Will Contribute To Altos
Altos labs is actively seeking a qualified candidate for role of Research Scientist with expertise in building large scale frameworks and pipelines to facilitate solving problem in drug discovery, modeling cellular functionalities and transcriptomics data mining.
- Candidate will work on generating insights and models from multi-omics datasets.
- Build pipelines for quality control, processing and analysis of raw targeted and untargeted dataset.
- Leverage and extend algorithms and methodologies being developed by scientific community for use cases of relevance to Altos Labs.
- Stay current with and adopt emergent analytical methodologies, tools and applications to ensure fit-for-purpose and impactful approaches.
- Partner closely with the Lab scientists and researchers to identify opportunities for data and insight mining, to accelerate research.
- Embed analyses and visualizations in automated reports.
Who You Are
- PhD in Computer science with applied experience in cell biology, genomics, and drug discovery.
- Strong working knowledge of cell biology and experience in large scale data analysis and statistical modeling on datasets like RNA-seq, ATAC-seq, protein network, pathways, etc.
- Proven track record of completed scientific projects as evidenced by publications and preprints.
- Ability to generate high quality ideas, should be self-driven and ready to explore.
- Should be proficient in programming and comfortable modifying existing code-base. Must have experience with Python and AWS compute environment.
- Willingness to work in an open collaborative environment and would be required to share periodic updates across the company.
The salary range for Scientist, Data Science in Redwood City:
- Scientist I, Data Science: $187,000 - $224,250
- Scientist II, Data Science: $192,950 - $261,050
- Senior Scientist, Data Science: $232,050 - $313,950
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
For UK applicants, before submitting your application:
- Please click here to read the Altos Labs EU and UK Applicant Privacy Notice (https://bit.ly/3fHGl98)
- This Privacy Notice is not a contract, express or implied and it does not set terms or conditions of employment.
What We Want You To Know
We are a culture of collaboration and scientific freedom, and we believe in the values of diversity, inclusion and belonging to inspire innovation.
Altos Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Altos currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exemptions (e.g., due to a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief).
Thank you for your interest in Altos Labs where we strive for a culture of scientific freedom, learning, and belonging.
Note: Altos Labs will not ask you to download a messaging app for an interview or outlay your own money to get started as an employee. If this sounds like your interaction with people claiming to be with Altos, it is not legitimate and has nothing to do with Altos. Learn more about a common job scam at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-spot-avoid-online-job-scams-biron-clark/