Senior Scientist, Computational Biology
To restore cell health and resilience through cellular rejuvenation programming to reverse disease, injury, and the disabilities that can occur throughout life.
Diversity at Altos
We believe that diverse perspectives are foundational to scientific innovation and inquiry.
We are building a company where exceptional scientists and industry leaders from around the world work side by side to advance a shared mission.
Our intentional focus is on Belonging, so that all employees know that they are valued for their unique perspectives.
At Altos, we are all accountable for sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment.
What You Will Contribute To Altos
Altos Labs Bay Area Institute is seeking candidates for manager and technical leader of the data science, computation and frameworks team.
- Lead and mentor a group of multi-disciplinary scientists to create high quality insights, models and reusable frameworks for multi-omics datasets.
- Partner closely with the other labs and hubs scientists to identify, design and implement analytical and software solutions to accelerate research.
- Recommend, initiate, lead and champion new innovations from external, global and local sources to ensure fit-for-purpose and impactful approaches.
- Share findings with Altos executives and publications to wider scientific community
- Contribute to a team culture that promotes continuous improvement, ownership, professional growth, and inclusion.
Who You Are
Qualified Candidates should satisfy the following requirements:
- PhD in interdisciplinary quantitative science including Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Physics, etc. and 8+ years of relevant experience
- Hands on Computer Science experience creating and implementing end to end large modular scientific projects in a Life Science domain.
- Considerable experience in leading multi-disciplinary technical teams and envisaging new scientific projects.
- Demonstrated track record of hands-on technical leadership, including owning and delegating technical design decisions.
- Proven track record of completed scientific projects as evidenced by publications and preprints.
- Experience working cross-functionally with stakeholders and partners to manage risks and create short and long-term plans.
- A Working knowledge of cell biology and experience in large scale data analysis and statistical modeling on datasets like RNA-seq, ATAC-seq, protein network, pathways, etc.
- Clear and influential communicator: exceptional influencing skills that demonstrate strong thought partnership and create effective relationships with internal and external groups and individuals.
- Candidate should be willing to work in an open collaborative environment and would be required to share periodic updates across the company.
The Salary range for the Senior Scientist, Computational Biology level position is $195,000 - $327,600. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
What We Want You To Know
We are a culture of collaboration and scientific freedom, and we believe in the values of diversity, inclusion and belonging to inspire innovation.
Altos Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Altos currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exemptions (e.g., due to a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief).
Thank you for your interest in Altos Labs where we strive for a culture of scientific freedom, learning, and belonging.
Note: Altos Labs will not ask you to download a messaging app for an interview or outlay your own money to get started as an employee. If this sounds like your interaction with people claiming to be with Altos, it is not legitimate and has nothing to do with Altos. Learn more about a common job scam at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-spot-avoid-online-job-scams-biron-clark/