Imaging and Bioinformatics Machine Learning Scientist
To restore cell health and resilience through cellular rejuvenation programming to reverse disease, injury, and the disabilities that can occur throughout life.
Diversity at Altos
We believe that diverse perspectives are foundational to scientific innovation and inquiry.
We are building a company where exceptional scientists and industry leaders from around the world work side by side to advance a shared mission.
Our intentional focus is on Belonging, so that all employees know that they are valued for their unique perspectives.
At Altos, we are all accountable for sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment.
What You Will Contribute to Altos
The Altos Labs Image Analysis and Visualization group is building high-performance, scalable, quantitative solutions for biomedical image analysis and integration with multi-Omics data. The team work at multiple scales of imaging including: Electron/Light Microscopy, Digital Histology and Pathology up to functional analysis In Vivo. We will enable and accelerate the Altos mission by leveraging state of the art computer vision and machine learning, and collaborating with MLOps at Altos to make all our models easily trainable, findable, interpretable, and accessible across diverse research groups.
- Conceive and devise innovative algorithms for image processing.
- To develop foundation AI models for imaging and multi-omics data integration and cross domain mapping.
- Build, deploy, and manage image analysis pipelines for scientific analysis, and machine learning workflows in an integrated, usable framework.
- Understand scientists' needs across a wide range of scientific disciplines by collaborating with both users and software engineers.
- Bridge the communication gap between experimental scientists, algorithm developers and software deployers.
- Demonstrate software engineering skills to develop reliable, scalable, performant distributed systems in a cloud environment.
Who You Are
We are open to considering candidates at the Scientist I, Scientist II or Senior Scientist level. The level of the position will depend on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
- PhD in Computer Science/Biomedical Engineering or related quantitative field.
- Experience with one or more programming languages commonly used for large-scale data management and machine learning, such as Python, C++, Scala, Julia, etc.
- Previous experience with Image Analysis.
- Experience applying software engineering practices in a scientific environment, or another environment with similar characteristics.
- Demonstrated track record of hands-on technical leadership and scientific contributions such as papers or conference communications.
- Excited to design, implement, and evangelize technical and cultural standards across scientific and technical functions.
- Bioinformatics data processing and analysis.
- Multi source data Integration.
- Experience with cloud computing and dockers.
Salary range: Machine Learning Scientist I, 187,000 - 253,000; Machine Learning Scientist II, 220,000 - 322,400; Senior Machine Learning Scientist, 248,000 - 378,000.
What We Want You To Know
We are a culture of collaboration and scientific freedom, and we believe in the values of diversity, inclusion and belonging to inspire innovation.
Altos Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Altos currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exemptions (e.g., due to a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief).
Thank you for your interest in Altos Labs where we strive for a culture of scientific freedom, learning, and belonging.
Note: Altos Labs will not ask you to download a messaging app for an interview or outlay your own money to get started as an employee. If this sounds like your interaction with people claiming to be with Altos, it is not legitimate and has nothing to do with Altos. Learn more about a common job scam at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-spot-avoid-online-job-scams-biron-clark/