Senior Manager / Director, Corporate and Scientific Communications
To restore cell health and resilience through cellular rejuvenation programming to reverse disease, injury, and the disabilities that can occur throughout life.
Diversity at Altos
We believe that diverse perspectives are foundational to scientific innovation and inquiry.
We are building a company where exceptional scientists and industry leaders from around the world work side by side to advance a shared mission.
Our intentional focus is on Belonging, so that all employees know that they are valued for their unique perspectives.
At Altos, we are all accountable for sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment.
Who You Are
The Sr. Manager / Director of Communications will develop and support a global communications strategy for Altos. Through various communication channels and initiatives, the Sr. Manager / Director of Scientific, and Corporate Communications will develop, lead, and execute key communications activities that promote and enhance Altos’ mission, science, and values across three global sites. This role will support internal and external communications activities. The Sr. Manager / Director of Scientific, and Corporate Communications will partner with the Vice President of Strategic Partnerships, Leaders, and Scientists across Altos to help build a culture of deep collaboration, scientific excellence, and belonging.
What You Will Contribute to Altos
- Lead and execute Altos’ global communications strategy and initiatives
- Develop company communications materials, including executive presentations and digital content with an emphasis on internal communications and culture
- Partner with a global community of content owners and partners across Altos, including the creation of original stories and materials and ensuring the overall quality of information and design for our intranet
- Partner with Executives and Leaders to develop and deliver company meetings and town hall events
- Partner with the People Team to manage employee communications and participate in developing Employer Branding content and our Altos culture narrative
- Collaborate with scientists to prepare for science communications as needed
- Manage and work closely with our external communications firm to develop content for the company’s website and media channels
- Thoughtfully and responsibly grow the company’s social media channels and continuously measure and improve its effectiveness
Competencies and Capabilities
- Strategic, creative and innovative leader with a focus on results and impact; able to make decisions in a dynamic environment and anticipate future needs
- Executive skills and presence to partner effectively with senior leaders
- Excellent and influential communicator
- Demonstrated judgment and creative problem-solving skills
- Inclusive leadership and partnership – embrace and demonstrate a commitment to our value of belonging
- Empathetic and highly collaborative with a focus on generosity and respect
- Self directed and resourceful in getting things done across the organization
- Confident and skilled to establish the credibility and respect of colleagues and team members
- Energetic, flexible, and proactive
Skills and Qualifications
- The ideal candidate will have 8+ years of progressive experience managing corporate and scientific communications in a Biotech or Pharma setting
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or a science-related field is highly desired. An advanced degree is preferred
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior leadership
- Superior influencing and communications skills
- Candidates will be required to provide a writing sample if chosen to participate in the interview process
Sr. Manager - $212,000 - $287,500
Director -$246,500 - $333,500
What We Want You To Know
We are a culture of collaboration and scientific freedom, and we believe in the values of diversity, inclusion and belonging to inspire innovation.
Altos Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Altos currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exemptions (e.g., due to a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief).
Thank you for your interest in Altos Labs where we strive for a culture of scientific freedom, learning, and belonging.
Note: Altos Labs will not ask you to download a messaging app for an interview or outlay your own money to get started as an employee. If this sounds like your interaction with people claiming to be with Altos, it is not legitimate and has nothing to do with Altos. Learn more about a common job scam at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-spot-avoid-online-job-scams-biron-clark/