Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Genomics
To restore cell health and resilience through cellular rejuvenation programming to reverse disease, injury, and the disabilities that can occur throughout life.
Diversity at Altos
We believe that diverse perspectives are foundational to scientific innovation and inquiry.
We are building a company where exceptional scientists and industry leaders from around the world work side by side to advance a shared mission.
Our intentional focus is on Belonging, so that all employees know that they are valued for their unique perspectives.
At Altos, we are all accountable for sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment.
What You Will Contribute To Altos
The SDI Integrative Genomics Hub will develop and provide access to state-of-the-art genomics modalities in support of greater SDI and Altos wide R&D initiatives. The Research Associate will broadly support hub activities and report to the SDI Integrative Genomics Hub Director. The Research Associate will support the development of innovative genomics workflows, integration of novel genomics pipelines into larger operational networks and working groups, and standardization of genomics pipelines to drive efficiency and impact of R&D efforts. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of supporting centralized genomics services.
- Provides daily operational support for genomics instrumentation and service pipelines.
- Assists with planning future expansions with NGS infrastructure, instrumentation and genomics assay pipelines.
- Develop, optimize, implement, and standardize state-of-the-art genomics pipelines.
- Maintains accurate and detailed digital records including electronic notebook entries.
- Provide excellent communication of current workflows
- Interfaces with genomics team members, SDI researchers, and Scientific Operations team members to identify areas of NGS support and meet project milestones.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, or a related field
- Strong hands-on experience with molecular biology methodologies, DNA/RNA extraction, nucleic acid quantitation and QC, RT-PCR.
- Strong hands-on experience with NGS library preparation from library construction and QC; reagent validation and protocol optimization and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with next generation sequencing-based platforms using MiSeq, NextSeq, Nanopore Sequencing etc.
- Experience with single cell sequencing technologies.
- Excellent communication, organizational, record-keeping, planning and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work within in a small team environment that collaborates widely.
- Experience and/or familiarity in application of spatial transcriptomic technologies.
- Experience working with human or animal tissue samples.
The salary ranges for this position are: Research Associate I $80,750 to $109,250; Research Associate II $96,900 to $131,100; Senior Research Associate $111,350 t $150,650
What We Want You To Know
We are a culture of collaboration and scientific freedom, and we believe in the values of diversity, inclusion and belonging to inspire innovation.
Altos Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Altos currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exemptions (e.g., due to a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief).
Thank you for your interest in Altos Labs where we strive for a culture of scientific freedom, learning, and belonging.
Note: Altos Labs will not ask you to download a messaging app for an interview or outlay your own money to get started as an employee. If this sounds like your interaction with people claiming to be with Altos, it is not legitimate and has nothing to do with Altos. Learn more about a common job scam at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-spot-avoid-online-job-scams-biron-clark/
Something looks off?