Intern - Institute of Science, Bay Area
To restore cell health and resilience through cellular rejuvenation programming to reverse disease, injury, and the disabilities that can occur throughout life.
Diversity at Altos
We believe that diverse perspectives are foundational to scientific innovation and inquiry.
We are building a company where exceptional scientists and industry leaders from around the world work side by side to advance a shared mission.
Our intentional focus is on Belonging, so that all employees know that they are valued for their unique perspectives.
At Altos, we are all accountable for sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment.
What You Will Contribute To Altos
Altos Labs is excited to host interns for the first time in summer of 2023. Our paid internship opportunities are designed to be a curated learning environment where students and recent graduates can learn through experience, develop lifelong collaborations, and share scientific knowledge at the interface of academia and industry.Interns will be partnering with our talented employees across the various Institutes and functions to contribute to defined research projects within the Institute of Science in the Bay Area.
- Intensive 10-12 week, paid internship within the Nunnari lab
- Program start dates are in June, 2023
- Collaborate with hiring manager, mentors and team on research projects and deliver final presentations of project work at the end of the internship
- Participate in intern activities across Altos
- Participate in Professional development curriculum throughout the program
- Interns will get unparalleled opportunities to learn, work in a novel area of science, pursue innovative ideas, collaborate, and network to advance their careers and academic journey
- Together with some of the world’s best scientists and researchers, interns will drive exciting, projects within the field of Cellular Rejuvenation as defined by their managers / mentors
- During the internship, students are expected to collaborate with their mentors and team members across Altos to explore scientific questions and activities within the Nunnari Lab
Who You Are
- Must be 18 of age or older at the start of the internship
- Authorized to work in the United States without Sponsorship now or in the future
- Current undergraduate, graduate, or master’s student with a minimum of junior standing in university
- Scientific interests align with Altos’ mission
- Problem-solving skills
- Commitment to full 10 weeks in a 12 week period
- Ability to communicate effectively and ask questions
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with a broad range of colleagues
- Consistent, positive, can-do attitude
- Highly collaborative, inclusive approach to work
- Demonstrated ability to complete work on time
- Ability to perform independent tasks as assigned
- Actively seeks opportunities to increase skills and learning
- Actively seeks and applies feedback
- Intermediate computer skills, including use of the Internet and current standard word processing, scheduling, and email to produce documents and manage office projects
The salary for this position is $28.00 per hour.
What We Want You To Know
We are a culture of collaboration and scientific freedom, and we believe in the values of diversity, inclusion and belonging to inspire innovation.
Altos Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Altos currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exemptions (e.g., due to a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief).
Thank you for your interest in Altos Labs where we strive for a culture of scientific freedom, learning, and belonging.
Note: Altos Labs will not ask you to download a messaging app for an interview or outlay your own money to get started as an employee. If this sounds like your interaction with people claiming to be with Altos, it is not legitimate and has nothing to do with Altos. Learn more about a common job scam at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-spot-avoid-online-job-scams-biron-clark/
Something looks off?